Port of Baltimore: FYI

destiny217

The port has been in contact with two cruise lines that have ships coming in next weekend. Enchantment of the Seas should be able to discharge and take on passengers Saturday, Dec. 29, before the deadline. But Carnival Pride, due in Sunday, Dec. 30, could do neither in the event of a lockout, and Enchantment of the Seas would have no return port in a prolonged lockout.

Cynthia Martinez, spokeswoman for Royal Caribbean, owner of Enchantment, said the company has not altered any cruises.

"We will continue to closely monitor the situation and will contact guests or their travel agents should it be necessary to make any modifications to upcoming itineraries," she said.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bs-bz-port-strike-20121220,0,6551263.story

They are possibly being locked out by management so the workers won't be allowed to do their jobs. This is all on management not the workers

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Usually, a company will resort to a lockout to prevent vandalism by striking workers.

I pray this gets resolved before February as my hubby and I are cruising on the EOS for our first cruise, ever. We are in driving distance of the dock ( about 1 hour). This makes me very nervous. Here I thought all I had to do is pack, now I have this on my mind......great!!

They are possibly being locked out by management so the workers won't be allowed to do their jobs. This is all on management not the workers

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I agree. Which would mean no port from Maine to Texas would be able to handle a ship of any kind.

Don't blame the workers. This is not a strike initiated by the workers. The threat of a lockout is management basically locking the doors of the port and not allowing the workers in. If that happens nothing is loaded or unloaded. Union leaders have said that if they did strike they will just not handle container cargo. But would continue to unload cruise ships and any perishable cargo's or non container cargo's.

Don't blame the workers. This is not a strike initiated by the workers. The threat of a lockout is management basically locking the doors of the port and not allowing the workers in. If that happens nothing is loaded or unloaded. Union leaders have said that if they did strike they will just not handle container cargo. But would continue to unload cruise ships and any perishable cargo's or non container cargo's.

Yup. Strike- life goes on for cruise ships

Lock out- everything stops for all ships/no one wins

GREED!!!

No one wins. It's all "I want, I want, I want" not "lets work this out". Arms are folded across their chest -- leaning back -- I want I want.

(Can't remember if this post is for the longshoreman or President and Congress-- samo samo.

The public loses.

Archived