Serenade after its refit.

You said they had Cirque du Soleil practicing.... In the Centrum? I guess they took out the big hanging sculpture that was there.

Sea View cafe was a treasure and many people will miss it. I'm glad we got to sail on her before the refit.

You said they had Cirque du Soleil practicing.... In the Centrum? I guess they took out the big hanging sculpture that was there.

Sea View cafe was a treasure and many people will miss it. I'm glad we got to sail on her before the refit.

yes it sure has gone, wish i could see the Cirque performance, must have another trip on Serenade.:D

I have to say I'm glad they left the centrum decor the same on Radiance rather than put in that centrum entertainment. I only wish they hadn't put in the big screen by the pool.

No kidding. We didn't really like the big screen on Radiance. You couldn't hear the dialog in movies, and then for other things it was way too loud. ....and I don't really think the Radiance class (Serenade) really needs Centrum entertainment. It's a nice place to just sit and chat. JMO. :)

No kidding. We didn't really like the big screen on Radiance. You couldn't hear the dialog in movies, and then for other things it was way too loud. ....and I don't really think the Radiance class (Serenade) really needs Centrum entertainment. It's a nice place to just sit and chat. JMO. :)

Saw it on the Rhapsody, and it's something that does not have to be on every ship. There are more days where there is practice.....in front of everyone....before the final show.

After watching the practice........why watch the final show????:rolleyes: A bit boring!;)

Rick

Saw it on the Rhapsody, and it's something that does not have to be on every ship. There are more days where there is practice.....in front of everyone....before the final show.

After watching the practice........why watch the final show????:rolleyes: A bit boring!;)

Rick

what with that and the stage with musicians its a wonder everyone at Guest relations can hear themselves think or deal with passengers.

Just ask away

The Cirque is still in rehearsals so you could see some action

we always do our own trips so cannot help you there but it is an easy walk into town plus these is a bus stop outside the docking place for local bus and the Hop on Hop off calls there too.

I'm on a sailing on Serenade on May 19 from Barcelona for a 12 day trip. I wonder if Cirque shows are on most of the sailings or randomly selected. Maybe RCI would know the schedules? Did they mention how often they perform on the sailings?

Thanks,

Marie

what with that and the stage with musicians its a wonder everyone at Guest relations can hear themselves think or deal with passengers.

I heard the centrum stage was being removed - but I don't know it that indeed happened. I had heard the light stairs were going away and that sure took place. Maybe someone can tell us if the stage and the piano that was on it are in fact gone.

Rick

It sounds sort of like the glass blowing on a X Solstice class ship. Once you've seen it....Ho hum. I preferred the sculpture hanging from the center, and it sounds like the fun view straight down from deck 12 is no longer available since the LA office is gone from that location.

So far, there are changes to RD and SR that I'm not pleased with. RCI should really allow more passenger input into these re-designs. Frequent cruisers have a better idea about what works and what people really like. I'm sure they've never gotten a single complaint on a comment card stating - I'm never sailing RCI again because there was no one swinging on a trapeze in the centrum. :O And I doubt there will be a whole lot of bookings for a particular ship so someone can see it either.

It sounds sort of like the glass blowing on a X Solstice class ship. Once you've seen it....Ho hum. I preferred the sculpture hanging from the center, and it sounds like the fun view straight down from deck 12 is no longer available since the LA office is gone from that location.

So far, there are changes to RD and SR that I'm not pleased with. RCI should really allow more passenger input into these re-designs. Frequent cruisers have a better idea about what works and what people really like. I'm sure they've never gotten a single complaint on a comment card stating - I'm never sailing RCI again because there was no one swinging on a trapeze in the centrum. :O And I doubt there will be a whole lot of bookings for a particular ship so someone can see it either.

I liked the sculpture as well... it was unique and understated. There were also pictures documenting them installing the sculpture when the ship was built.

It seems like they're trying to turn these ships into something they're not by cramming all these specialty and extra fee restaurants and big screens and circus acts.

Where are you guys from, is this your first Mediterranean cruise.

Hello! Yes this is our first Med cruise and we are so excited. We are a family of 3 traveling with a family / group of 5 out of Vancouver WA

Where are you traveling from?

Karen

I heard the centrum stage was being removed - but I don't know it that indeed happened. I had heard the light stairs were going away and that sure took place. Maybe someone can tell us if the stage and the piano that was on it are in fact gone.

At the bottom of the main staircase there is no entry to the centrum this is now a stage well on the other side, a bit the size of the one in the Safari lounge so you get a full group on now not just 2 or 3 in the corner with the piano.

You can now no longer cross the Centrum anywhere I assume because of the new centre attraction, you go infront of the R bar or round by the main staircase. So no dashing to Guest relations anymore.

At the bottom of the main staircase there is no entry to the centrum this is now a stage well on the other side, a bit the size of the one in the Safari lounge so you get a full group on now not just 2 or 3 in the corner with the piano.

You can now no longer cross the Centrum anywhere I assume because of the new centre attraction, you go infront of the R bar or round by the main staircase. So no dashing to Guest relations anymore.

I think I understand - sort of. The stage area I can visualize. But isn't it still possible to walk between the 2 centrum elevators across to Guest Services?

I sure wish we had pictures of all of this.

I think I understand - sort of. The stage area I can visualize. But isn't it still possible to walk between the 2 centrum elevators across to Guest Services?

I sure wish we had pictures of all of this.

No, they have big pots full of white pebbles all shapes and sizes with weird metal sticks coming out of them so you turn and walk in front of the bar or go round via the stairs, sorry no photo and it is hard to visualise.

Someone will post some soon I am sure.

Can anyone tell me if the outdoor seating at the back of the Windjammer is still there?

We really enjoyed breakfasting out there last year.

Yes , the seating is still available at the rear of the windjammer. The starboard side at the rear still has the oversized blue chairs/sofas but this was a smoking area:(

I liked the sculpture as well... it was unique and understated. There were also pictures documenting them installing the sculpture when the ship was built.

It seems like they're trying to turn these ships into something they're not by cramming all these specialty and extra fee restaurants and big screens and circus acts.

On one of the decks each side of the lifts they have kept the pictures you mention of the original art work installation. It is interesting to see the before and after.

park cafe is open for breakfast 'til 10am, reopens for lunch , time varies depending if ship is in port or not, stays open 'til late afternoon . Now that Seaview cafe is no longer available for late night food the Park cafe opens at 9pm fof pizza, cookies and other food which I cannot remember.

Archived