Dinner Dinner?

debt

Booked to sail Epic Feb 23rd first time with NCL

From this thread I have 3 questions....when and where can I go for included lobster.(which days and which dining rooms_..and does anyone know what KIND of lobster it is? Being originally from the east coast I am failry particullar about my lobster I favour Maritime lobster and am not partial to Rock lobster.

Also...when sailing on princesss there is a link provided for a FB page for your specific sailing...is there something like this for NCL I have missed? Or is it a general FB page?

First time saiing on such a large ship but we chose Epic for the entertainment (blue man group curque de Solier, comedy club, dueling pianos...entertainment heaven!) and the spa. Hubby likes the idea of no formal night and we both love all the dining options....the ports for this cruise are much less exciting than the ship!

From this thread I have 3 questions....when and where can I go for included lobster.(which days and which dining rooms_..and does anyone know what KIND of lobster it is? Being originally from the east coast I am failry particullar about my lobster I favour Maritime lobster and am not partial to Rock lobster.

Also...when sailing on princesss there is a link provided for a FB page for your specific sailing...is there something like this for NCL I have missed? Or is it a general FB page?

First time saiing on such a large ship but we chose Epic for the entertainment (blue man group curque de Solier, comedy club, dueling pianos...entertainment heaven!) and the spa. Hubby likes the idea of no formal night and we both love all the dining options....the ports for this cruise are much less exciting than the ship!

Lobster night is the first night in the MDR's and you won't be excited about the lobster but it's passable and you can get extra.

Cruise Critic has boards for your particular sailing. Click on Message Board Forums on the top of the page and you will find the roll calls for NCL and your particular sailing.

If you chose the Epic for the entertainment choices you made the right decision. I highly recommend Fat Cats nightclub.

Have a great cruise.

Lobster is served on the first night of the cruise (embarkation night) in the free main dining rooms. Previously, it was a Caribbean tail but recent reports say that it has been replaced with a New England one. Don't know. I am highly allergic and cannot eat lobster. You may order more than one.

To meet others on your sailing, you should go to the roll call section of Cruise Critic and find your sailing. You must be logged on in order to view the section. Sometimes people on a roll call will create a private page on FB but that is really up to your group. Nothing exists officially from NCL like Princess does.

The Epic is fabulous. Great entertainment. You won't be disappointed.

Darn, our group leader has already planned on our eating in the Asian restaurant on the first night: oh well: goodbye Lobster,hello fried rice!!!!lol

But Nita, that's the whole point of this thread - you can go the Asian restaurant and still go to the MDR later in the evening to get the lobster.

P.S. On my Jewel sailing last month, they did indeed replace the small Caribbean lobster with the larger "real" one. Tail only but you can order more than one!

The one and only time I was in the NCL dining room when they had lobster tail it was part of some kind of a seafood casserole dish and was tiny, like a half a tail. Is this what everyone's talking about?

Here are some recent links to threads with recent pictures.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1755069

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1705870&page=2

But Nita, that's the whole point of this thread - you can go the Asian restaurant and still go to the MDR later in the evening to get the lobster.

P.S. On my Jewel sailing last month, they did indeed replace the small Caribbean lobster with the larger "real" one. Tail only but you can order more than one!

that would work but our leader has planned dinner about 7pm I think, which means, knowing our group we will not even be throug eating until 9 at least..

The one and only time I was in the NCL dining room when they had lobster tail it was part of some kind of a seafood casserole dish and was tiny, like a half a tail. Is this what everyone's talking about?

That's the old, caribbean lobster that's been replaced by what most people expect, which is the larger "real" lobster (think Maine lobster but not huge).

That's the old, caribbean lobster that's been replaced by what most people expect, which is the larger "real" lobster (think Maine lobster but not huge).

Be still my little lobster loving heart! Realish lobster tail! I might even pass on the sort of free wine. Nah, free stuff is in my dna. Let the gluttony begin!

Also, some ships have been promoting a free bottle of white or red wine when you dine at a specialty restaurant before 6 p.m. You have to pay for two adult cover charges. The bottle is the house Chardonnay or Merlot. Tisdale. Retails for $4.99 a bottle. It runs either $24 or $28 on NCL's list.

A shudder just ran across my back.......:eek:

Archived