100% Agave and Shaded Beach Chairs

vb1025

I have read soooo many threads I have now totally confused myself. I think I want to have lunch at 100% and have a beach expererience. I do not think we can eat and drink enough for an AI, but we do want shaded beach chairs. Plus, a bar close enough where we can grab a beer. Am I asking for too much?

I have read soooo many threads I have now totally confused myself. I think I want to have lunch at 100% and have a beach expererience. I do not think we can eat and drink enough for an AI, but we do want shaded beach chairs. Plus, a bar close enough where we can grab a beer. Am I asking for too much?

No. The Tropicante fits those needs perfectly. You can contact the Texan owner via web and reserve a chair. The food is good (chicken in sour cream sauce $10) the beers are cheap, the beach s beautiful, and don't miss out on a cheap massage too....one of my favorite destinations! It's here Blue Man Group goes when in port....

100% Agave's new location does have a number of palapas for shade on their beach. And their great waiters will bring the beer to you! But if you want, the bar is about 50 feet away. Also, the bar area has a nice open air second story area with a great view of the beach.

I also recommend Tropicante. We LOVE it there. The food and drinks are priced very well - I think a better value than the AI price. The beach area is beautiful. The restaurant and restrooms are spotless(important to me). Definately make a reservation - Steve will have loungers waiting for you!

• 3 weeks later...

So, heading to Costa Maya on my first cruise and wanted everyone's advice. So would you recommend just doing one or the other. I was thinking of going to Aqave for lunch and then heading ( i am assuming they aren't that far apart?) to Tropicante to relax. Or should I just do it all Tropicante???? The food looks good there also! Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
So, heading to Costa Maya on my first cruise and wanted everyone's advice. So would you recommend just doing one or the other. I was thinking of going to Aqave for lunch and then heading ( i am assuming they aren't that far apart?) to Tropicante to relax. Or should I just do it all Tropicante???? The food looks good there also! Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

They are an easy 3 minute walk from each other. There are MANY restaurtants and bars in the same stretch. Any "relaxing" you plan to do at Tropicante can be done at 100% Agave and vice versa. They are both VERY crowded resorts/restaurants/sections of the beach. It is in a strip of wall-to-wall resorts/restaurants and rows and rows of people. Lots of music from everywhere. Both are reasonable prices and get great reviews for food.

Hope that helps you!

Archived