Roll Call!!! Oosterdam RSVP Alaska - Sept 3-10, 2005

bepsf

Final payments are due this Friday.

(June 3) :eek:

Who's going, and which stateroom have you booked?

Are you planning on arriving in Seattle early for the Bon Voyage festivities?

I'm in 4185, (starboard aft-corner suite on Upper Verandah Deck) and I know that I'm going to arrive at least one day early, but haven't decided where to stay - any ideas?

<<Who's going, and which stateroom have you booked?

Are you planning on arriving in Seattle early for the Bon Voyage festivities?>>

Count Laura & Karen in, somewhere in an SS cabin. We are coming in the night before with a pile of fellow New Yorkers cause our TA got a block of rooms at the Hyatt, I think. This is the first time we will actually meet our TA, who has been booking us on RSVP trips for years now.

Darrell and Eric -

Do you guys know Eddie and Scott from Montgomery County in Maryland? They're coming along too and I think are booking into the Westin? (I have to look again)

Laura & Karen & Laura & Diane---

Glad to see so many women making are the trip!

:D

We'll have to plan a CC event on board - does anyone know if that's something that RSVP would do, or would HAL cover that?

Hi Everyone,

What do you have planned in Seattle beforehand? I know several people in the Seattle area not on these boards who will be on the sailing as well. I imagine that the gathering will be a blast !

Steve

Steve--

Are you sailing w/ us? Even if not, I'd love to meet you while we're up there!:)

RSVP typically sends out an e-mail to their passengers a day or so in advance of sailing letting them know where the RSVP Bon Voyage party is going to be.

Anyone wanna plan cocktails/dinner the night before - then we can proceed to the party together?

Will do Steve!

Then maybe those of us on board would like to meet for some pre-dinner cocktails and hors d'oervres at about 6-6.30 after the Sailaway Party - say in the Crow's Nest?

I love Seattle and Washington State. I especially love it in the winter where the ocean storms crash the enormous spruce trees up onto the beach near Lake Kalaloch(sp) Love to go scavenger hunting on the beach after a storm in Rialto.There is an interesting art store in Forks in which an artist makes pictures out of dryer lint. If you have the time, go up to Anacortes and take a whale watching trip or take a ferry to Friday Harbor to see Orca Museum.

Also fun is going to Paradise to see Mt. Rainier. On a clear day you can see all of the peaks.. In Seattle, make sure you go up the Space Needle for an awesome view, have lunch in the revolving restaurant, do the EMP nearby, the Pike's Market, Capitol Hill, Univer. of Washington area, Pioneer Square. Great bookstores and coffee shops downtown. Also a must see is Snoqualmie Falls...If you have more than a day, check out Port Townsend, the Olympics,

Hoh Rain Forest, Hurricane Ridge(stop at the Ranger Station to make sure the view is clear)

Looking forward to this cruise. Unfamiliar with Seatlle here; have made reservations to stay at a B&B in Capitol Hill. Can anyone advise on the Hill district? Sounds nice from what I can surmise. Would it be wiser to stay downtown? Any advice is welcome.

Looking forward to this cruise. Unfamiliar with Seatlle here; have made reservations to stay at a B&B in Capitol Hill. Can anyone advise on the Hill district? Sounds nice from what I can surmise. Would it be wiser to stay downtown? Any advice is welcome.

Hello Slim Commander :

I actually live in the heart of Capitol Hill. I would definitely recommend checking out some of the spots. I tend to enjoy R Place & Manray. I think that R Place is a little more down-to-earth whereas Manray is a bit more "show and tell". Both are fun, though. Perhaps you can all schedule cocktails at one of these while you're in town.

I would still recommend staying in the downtown area as there are not too many places to stay up here. There is a "Silver Cloud" located on Broadway (main drag) but other than that, not too too much.

If you'd like any additional recommendations or feedback, just let me know!

Steve

Steve--

Of the local watering holes there in Seattle, which is most conducive to relaxed cocktails and conversation?

Well both Manray and R Place would be good earlier in the evening. Almost every place I can think of, though, gets loud with time into the evening.

Madison Pub is also good .. just a bit off the beaten path .. also gets loud and quite smokey. CC's is notoriously known for knock-down strong drinks.

If you're wanting to get a taste of what most Seattlites go for, I'd recommend the former two. I'm assuming that you want do gather on or near the Hill .. other places exist, obviously, throughout the Seattle city limits.

Hi Again,

I just thought of another really good place. It is located just off of downtown Seattle proper. It has a seating area for dining and/or cocktails while the other side has a dance floor for later in the evening. It is really popular on Saturday and Sunday evenings but Fridays draw a good crowd as well. Check out their web site here.

Let me know what you think!

Just found this website - I've been looking for a blog or same to chat with other gay cruisers... three of us are traveling together on the RSVP Alaska cruise. This will be my 5th gay cruise and we are very much looking forward to the beautiful sights of Alaska surrounded by the comeraderie of other RSVP cruisers. We have neighbors two doors down that are going as well. If any of you have questions about Seattle I'd be happy to share my knowledge - I'm a Seattle native (sad, but true in that I've lived my whole life here).

Cheers!

-Brian

direct email at yahoo.com: btaseattle

with Luis and Tony (aka BLT in cabin S6095)

You can't beat the opportunities for body mods in Seattle!

Many of my decorated friends swear by Vyvyn Lazonga, who you can find at: http://www.vyvyn.com/ She's real old school, mentioned in Modern Primatives, a true artist!

Also popular among the inked is the Apocalypse Tattoo shop, http://apocalypsetattoo.com/

And a fun place with cool people is Slave To The Needle - I mean, gotta love the name! http://www.slavetotheneedle.com/

Laura

The wife and I love The Pink Door, 1919 Post Alley, one of the prettiest and popular rooftop patios around, VERY gay friendly but straight welcoming (grin) no sign, just a pink door on this cute lil' alley off the Pike Place market, convenient to, well, touristy stuff. Nice bistro food, can be a tad pricey, but the service has always been great.

Thumpers is a casual-to-classy gay restaurant/bar in the Capital Hill district, also nice for conversations and meet-ups, around for 20 years! Yowsa.

Laura

Thank you, Laura, for the Tattoo Info. I'm ready for some fine line work this time further down my arms, legs, groin, who knows? I have a battle scar to cover. Will check out those links. Should I say Laura sent me? Maybe a whole bunch of us will go and get Inked as a remembrance of the Alaskan cruise---that's solidarity!

Hugs,

Dan in 8045

Archived