bully vs. sonny for 6 people

ginka

Could someone please give me the pro's and con's of each of these tour operators? I have emailed both of them and they are both avialable during the day we are in port. Our biggest problem is we have 6 in our group and the maximum number of passengers per vehicle is 5. Bully is available with 2 vehicles, but the charge is per vehicle, not per person. There fore the charge is 45.00 per hour per vehicle. For the 3 hour tour for the 6 of us, it would work out to 45.00 per person. Sonny is also available and able to accomadate all 6 of us in one vehicle for 30.00 per person for a 3 hour tour.

so obviously I have already stated a couple of advantages (private tour with Bully) but more expensive and group has to seperate (disadvantage) and cheaper and all together with sonny (advantage), but assuming it will not be private and there could be upwards of 20+ in our group (disadvantage). So could someone please tell me if there is advantages and disadvantages with either operator that stands out to help our decision. example: one goes much better places, one is friendly and humorous...

thanks

I am a little confused.

You state if you book with Bully, you must book two vehicles, as his largest will hold only five.

If you book with Sonny, he can fit all six of you in one vehicle, but then you go on to say, "all together with sonny (advantage), but assuming it will not be private and there could be upwards of 20+ in our group". If you are in the car with Sonny, are you saying he will have other guides driving other cars? Or are you talking about the bus?

There is only so much to see on Aruba; it's a fairly small island. I am not sure that either one of them would go to different places, and would assume both would hit the highlights.

I would ask Sonny his fee for a private tour if that is what you want then decide what works best for you

We are doing the tour on his bus .....I have a lot of people from the roll call

I would think both guides go to the same places....just ask them where they go before you book

I am a little confused.

You state if you book with Bully, you must book two vehicles, as his largest will hold only five.

If you book with Sonny, he can fit all six of you in one vehicle, but then you go on to say, "all together with sonny (advantage), but assuming it will not be private and there could be upwards of 20+ in our group". If you are in the car with Sonny, are you saying he will have other guides driving other cars? Or are you talking about the bus?

There is only so much to see on Aruba; it's a fairly small island. I am not sure that either one of them would go to different places, and would assume both would hit the highlights.

6rugrats-- Sonny didnt specify if this would be a private tour, he just said that he could accomadate the 6 of us, so based on reviews of his tours, I am assuming he has a bus and there will be other people. Maybe someone can clear up that as well. I have seen in some reviews where they have had 39 people on the tour and other reviews that have said that he has a van that holds 14. Either way, part of the advantange is that we would be in the same vehicle, but the disadvantage could be that we will be on a bus with 30 other people. I am not 'against' that, but just would like to be a deciding force in where we go, rather than a minority that has to go with 'crowd'. Does Sonny do private tours? i will email him. Please tho, if anyone has any pro's or con's on either of them, please share.

Archived