Princess Transfer Question

miataman

It has been many years since we have used the Princess transfer. We will be using it from LAX to San Pedro in Feb. Do they take your bags at the airport when you board the motorcoach and then deliver them to your stateroom without your having to handle them again?

It has been many years since we have used the Princess transfer. We will be using it from LAX to San Pedro in Feb. Do they take your bags at the airport when you board the motorcoach and then deliver them to your stateroom without your having to handle them again?
They will load your luggage for your cabin underneath the coach. Don't put your carry-on there. When you get to the pier, you will be asked to remain seated while your luggage is offloaded. Porters will take them away and you'll see them next in your cabin. Once all the luggage is on its way, you'll disembark the coach and check in. At least, that's been my experience with transfers in the past.

I wouldn't use the Princess transfers unless absolutely necessary. Try supershuttle dot com We used them to go from the pier to LAX. Was super fast and easy and much cheaper.

I wouldn't use the Princess transfers unless absolutely necessary. Try supershuttle dot com We used them to go from the pier to LAX. Was super fast and easy and much cheaper.

I suspect the OP has already paid for the Princess xfer.

Sometimes they take you to a hotel first and then tansfer you when it is convenient. We had a Princess transfer from LAX to San Pedro once and we were not aware that they would not take us straight to the pier. Even though the hotel had coffee and pastries set up it was not until after 1:00 PM when we arrived at the pier and we had arrived at the airport much earlier in the morning. We were wishing that we had arranged our own tansportation because we could have boarded the ship earlier.

Thanks for the feedback. I have checked in to the shuttle and a taxi. For the 3 of us it is pretty close in price but I really do like the idea of not having to mess with our luggage at the pier. The transfers are only $24 and once you figure in the tips for every time someone touches your bags the price adds up :)

I am at the Marriott LAX right now. I will be leaving bad to the airport to pick up the transfer to the ship in an hour. (I booked my own hotel so only got the transfer from airport to ship) We did this same thing last February and as soon as we got off the hotel shuttle, there were Princess people there who took our bags! We were then told to go stand in a line in the airport lobby. Within ten minutes, we were on a bus and on our way to the ship. We did not make any other stops along the way.

I am hoping it will be the same for this trip. I will let you know when I get home how it went this time around!

I am at the Marriott LAX right now. I will be leaving bad to the airport to pick up the transfer to the ship in an hour. (I booked my own hotel so only got the transfer from airport to ship) We did this same thing last February and as soon as we got off the hotel shuttle, there were Princess people there who took our bags! We were then told to go stand in a line in the airport lobby. Within ten minutes, we were on a bus and on our way to the ship. We did not make any other stops along the way.

I am hoping it will be the same for this trip. I will let you know when I get home how it went this time around!

Thank you, that is exactly how we are doing it also. One of the reasons we love cruising is not having to arrange everything. I like the idea of relaxing on the bus with no worries, even if it takes a bit longer.

Archived