Wifi in cabins on Mariner

Granny DI

Is there wifi in any of the cabins on the Mariner? We were on the Adventure in October and there was no wifi in our cabin and only one hotspot on the ship. The internet was slower than any other ship we've been on in many years. Should I leave my IPAD at home?

Thanks.

Is there wifi in any of the cabins on the Mariner? We were on the Adventure in October and there was no wifi in our cabin and only one hotspot on the ship. The internet was slower than any other ship we've been on in many years. Should I leave my IPAD at home?

Thanks.

Mariner should have pervasive WiFi now. She was revitalized this past May, and that was one of the improvements.

Did they offer the $149 unlimited internet package?

Thanks!

The $149 unlimited internet package wasn't available in Nov. but it may be offered now.

We were on the Mariner TA from Rome to Galveston in November and there was no Wifi in the cabins and very little at the hot spots. Service was very sporatic during the 16 day cruise.

I was also on the TA in Nov. and the cruise following Nov. 18. I was surprised at how well the internet worked. I didn't use it during busier times but in the morning and in the evening before bed I didn't have any problems. I used the chat on FB to talk with my daughter. I was in cabin 1646 on the TA. I didn't use my computer on the Nov. 18 cruise. Maybe cabin location makes a difference.

I just got off the Mariner a couple of weeks ago and was able to use my IPAD in most places on the ship including my cabin and balcony on deck 9.. It was amazing and so much faster and easier than going to the SLOW Computers on deck 9..

I have to stay up on email due to work and I spent much less money and time online not to mention the convenience of being able to log on and off at will... I was even able to post pictures quickly to facebook...

Just don't get your IPAD close to your sea pass card or you will have to spend time at Guest Services having it replaced...:o

I just got off the Mariner a couple of weeks ago and was able to use my IPAD in most places on the ship including my cabin and balcony on deck 9.. It was amazing and so much faster and easier than going to the SLOW Computers on deck 9..

I have to stay up on email due to work and I spent much less money and time online not to mention the convenience of being able to log on and off at will... I was even able to post pictures quickly to facebook...

Just don't get your IPAD close to your sea pass card or you will have to spend time at Guest Services having it replaced...:o

Do you recall the prices of the internet package? We cruised on Magic a couple weeks ago and the internet package was $99 for unlimited access, all devices. Quite a deal I thought.

My DH bought the $150 pkg for 500 minutes. His laptop never worked in our cabin and we were in cabin #1310. The hotspots were the library and the chat rm, but they were very sporatic. He also went early morning and late at night. Also ship's computers were down several times during the TA. He got lots of credit but one night just wanted to know how his Aggies did playing Alabama. There was a man complaing to Guest services about no football scores. Next morning they did post most of the football scores.

Is there a charge to use the WIFI service.

Yes, prices are as follows:

Base rate is $.65 per minute or choose from one of our prepaid packages:

$35 for 60 minutes

$55 for 100 minutes

$75 for 150 minutes

$100 for 250 minutes

$150 for 500 minutes

Archived