New Beds on CCL!

bcc99

They have the new beds & bedding on the Inspiration. I just sailed her and the bed was wonderful. Extremely comfortable and it was so nice to have clean sheets and a clean duvet cover. Loved it!!!

My son was on the Inspiration last week and had blue blankets. and the other beds had a printed blanket

WOOOO HOOOOO - Does this mean I don't have to lug along my foam mattress topper to make the beds more comfortable? Are these new mattresses pillow top or something similar? AND just how soft are they or what hotel beds to they compare to? Going on the Glory (again for the 3rd time) and can't wait to try them out!!!!

CRUISEDOGS

It's like a pillowcase for a bedspread.

THAT is the BEST description ever. My boyfriend asked me what one was and I was like "it's the cover for the bedspread" and he's all, "why do you need a cover for the bedspread"

Yeah, it was pretty funny. Hopefully he'll read this and he'll understand what I couldn't explain :p

and Earthworm Jim - very true ;)

I think I saw someone's pictures of the Victory and the bedspread was White - is my assumption correct in believing that the Victory has the new beds/bedding?

I'm guessing that Conquest will get the new bedding for sure in drydock (early Sept) if not before.

I'll report back when we get off of her, BottledRed. We'll be leaving out on 9-11, the first cruise after her drydock. :D Getting excited.....

If the new bedding is anything like that on Oosterdam, it will be wonderful! I want one of those beds at home. Most comfortable we've ever slept in anywhere. Anyone know if Carnival Spirit has them in all cabins? We cruise on her in September in a standard balcony cabin. Would like to know!

If the new bedding is anything like that on Oosterdam, it will be wonderful! I want one of those beds at home.

The HAL "Signature of Excellence" mattresses actually are available for purchase! After all the rave reviews, I'm sad that Zuiderdam isn't getting hers until her December drydock...3 months too late for me. :(

The Victory had the new comforters, etc... when I was on my cruise late April. The comforters are very, very nice! Our AC worked a bit too well, and I was very happy to have the warmth of the down, and since I have down at home too, it was more "homey".... if only they'd had my Select Comfort bed, though! That bed was too firm for me...

I'm one of the odd ones that does not sleep well on a cruise, but that's ok. I make up for it when I have my extra days off at home when I return. I think it has more to do with my excitement of "being there" moreso than the lack of my own bed whilst on vacation.

One extra thought about the white duvets.... I was afraid to put anything on the bed for fear I'd leave some dirt behind. When I put my luggage on the bed to unpack, I folded the cover back first. I can't imagine what kids and slobs will do to the white before a few cruises are over.

I heard back from our PVP and she confirmed that the upgrades have been done on the Victory.

We honeymooned on Holiday March 04, my first cruise. They had the new bedding, its one of the older ships. It is one of the smaller too, changing might have been easier.

The bedding was amazing! Ladies, you know how lovely the sheets feel when you have just shaved your legs?? It is like that all over and the down comforter with the sateen duvet reminded me of the feather beds in Germany. We were already on our honeymoon, but we even found ourselves going back to the room midday to steal a nap or lie in bed and read specifically due to the luxurious bedding.

I will be truly disappointed if this upgrade has not reached the Elation in 17 days ;). It is one of the things I brag about when discussing CCL.

We honeymooned on Holiday March 04, my first cruise. They had the new bedding, its one of the older ships. It is one of the smaller too, changing might have been easier

I was so happy with the bedding on the Holiday. She had come a long way from my very first cuise on her. She was oh so big back than:) It was so nice after the other cruises. I never could sleep, as it hurt my back so bad. I think that is the one neg. comment I always made. I sleep for the first time on this wounderful new bedding. (I sleep on a sleep number bed at home.)

I was so happy with the bedding on the Holiday. She had come a long way from my very first cuise on her. She was oh so big back than:) It was so nice after the other cruises. I never could sleep, as it hurt my back so bad. I think that is the one neg. comment I always made. I sleep for the first time on this wounderful new bedding. (I sleep on a sleep number bed at home.)

They had them on the Empress deck on the Elation. We also had new beach towels. Others said they did not have the new bedding or the new towels. I don't know if the entire ship was converted but that was in April. I must say that I slept better than at home. It was truly the most comfortable bed and bed linens I have even slept on. We felt great everyday from a good night's sleep.

Taken from an email I received about this very subject:

"The duvets are now on all the Carnival ships. The new

mattresses have already been added to Holiday,

Celebration, Fantasy, Sensation, Fascination,

Imagination, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Valor and

Carnival Liberty. They will be added to the other ships

by the end of the year."

We sailed the Glory 4/9 and the bed, pillows, etc., were wonderful. Slept great all week even with the two beds pushed together.

Good--I already get the best sleep on the cruise--now I will definitely sleep hard!!!

We were on the Conquest on 5/22. One of our beds had a very obvious sunken place in the mattress -- flipping it over didn't make a difference. My DH complained to our (very wonderful) cabin steward who brought 2 brand new mattresses for us! They were wonderful. The beds had the white duvet and the towels were huge and fluffy. This was our first cruise so I didn't realize that these were improvements, but they were very much appreciated. We also saw many new mattresses being loaded when we docked in New Orleans on 5/29.

We were on the Conquest on 5/22. One of our beds had a very obvious sunken place in the mattress -- flipping it over didn't make a difference. My DH complained to our (very wonderful) cabin steward who brought 2 brand new mattresses for us! They were wonderful. The beds had the white duvet and the towels were huge and fluffy. This was our first cruise so I didn't realize that these were improvements, but they were very much appreciated. We also saw many new mattresses being loaded when we docked in New Orleans on 5/29.

I hope my room will have them------sailing in 2 weeks!!:)

Archived