New Beds on CCL!

bcc99

If Victory has them,what about Triumph? Sailing on her the very end of Aug. Hope she has them by then,if not already. I also have a select comfort bed (sleep number type) at home,and the old mattresses on the cruise ships were always hard as a rock to me. New fluffy towels sound wonderful also. :D

And I did enjoy the new bedding as well but have a few comments.

I am extremely allergic to any down stuffing for bedding and or pillows and I was quite hesitant to even sleep in the bed. I allmost opted for the NOT SO COMFORTABLE pleather couch, but after a trial run with a pillow I decerned that it was "hypo allergenic". I think CARNIVAL should have information readily available for you to read so ya know what you are climbing into.

ALSO

As we all know the older beadspreads that were used saw the most ummmmm how you say wear and tear but to the best of my knowledge (as with most hotel bedding) did not get washed very frequently. However all you had to do was strip it down to the foot of the bed and use the blankets and bed sheets for those nights that you crank the air down to -0 degrees in you cabin.

With the duvet being the primary beadspread/comforter/blanket my concern is the same. How often do you think 10lbs of oversized duvet gets washed?

I think the duvets will help keep things cleaner and fresher. It is much easier to remove the duvet cover for regular washing, than to wash a bedspread. And perhaps they did them in white since they can be bleached without trouble?

DH is English, and I lived over there for a few years. It was common practice to use a duvet with a cotton cover, with no topsheet. The cotton cover was removed and washed weekly (or more). The hypo-allergenic duvets could also be thrown in a large washer and dried as often as needed.

In fact, we still use our duvets that we brought back to the US. I do use a top sheet, though, so I don't have to remove the cover too often.

My best friend and I are sailing on Sensation on 9/1/05. I am looking forward to that trip!

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know if the Elation has had the full bedding upgrade. I have read that the empress deck has the sheets. I am sailing in 11 days and got upgraded to a verandah suite. I wonder if they prioritize(sp) as far as rooms go on ships?

But we must make sure that the Holland America people don't find out about this, if possible. New mattresses and bedlinens are also part of the HAL "Signature of Excellence" program, and the Mariners will probably be pretty ticked when they find out that CCL is getting equal treatment. There have already been a few mentions over there about the "Carnivalization" of HAL--how the Vista-class ships are blue-painted CCL ships, how the food is like CCL (which many people actually said was a good thing!), and so on. I'm not sure how much I'm going to enjoy my cruise on the Zuiderdam, but I'm going to give her a fair chance. :confused:

Not me! ;)

I went on HAL Zuiderdam and enjoyed Europlush matresses. I will only be happy if on my future cruise on Liberty will exceed my Zui experience.:D which wasn't bad at all ;)

I don't if the entire ship has it or not, but we sailed it in early July and our cabin had the down comforters and duvets. I don't know for sure about the mattress-if it was new or not, but it was very comfortable. We were on the Main deck. We walked all over the ship, and as you passed cabins with the doors open, they all appeared to have the duvets.

The HAL "Signature of Excellence" mattresses actually are available for purchase! After all the rave reviews, I'm sad that Zuiderdam isn't getting hers until her December drydock...3 months too late for me. :(

What are you talking about???

Zuiderdam already had SOE before our cruise last August!!!!

Archived