"Secret Decks" question

We sailed on the Liberty a few years back and had the rooms (I think it was 6203 & 6205) at the front of the ship, it is an obstructed view, and your window looks out onto the "secret deck" We spent alot of time out there and there was hardly ever anyone else there. The sign says not to go out there at night, but we did and it was pretty cool. The one thing to be careful of is the doors slam shut very hard so keep all body parts protected. Have fun!!

We sailed on the Liberty a few years back and had the rooms (I think it was 6203 & 6205) at the front of the ship, it is an obstructed view, and your window looks out onto the "secret deck" We spent alot of time out there and there was hardly ever anyone else there. The sign says not to go out there at night, but we did and it was pretty cool. The one thing to be careful of is the doors slam shut very hard so keep all body parts protected. Have fun!!

Don't want to hijack, but do you happen to have pictures of 6203?!? :D

We'll be on the Liberty and in 6203 in 3 weeks.

OP: LOVE the secret decks. A lot of people don't know about them and while there aren't loungers on them, they are a great place to enjoy arriving into port or sailing out of port.

To reach them you'll want to be on port side and go all the way forward. :)

Do the fantasy class ships have these decks and if so what deck do you access them from

Yes. There is one. It is located on deck 11. It can be accessed by going down the interior hallway, passing the staterooms. It can also be accessed from deck 10, by going down the exterior walkways on the sides of the ship (just forward of the main pool), then going up the stairs at the front.

In response to the OP, please note that the Spirit class ships do have a spot that overlooks the front of the ship. I can't remember if it was deck 9 or 10 or both. The difference is only that there are no staterooms just inside from it. The gym is just inside from it. It is very easily accessed, as there is no going inside & back out again to reach it. It would not be called "secret" because of the easy access, but it is still the same thing, and it is also not heavily used.

Recently (Nov. 2012) sailed the Valor and the secret deck above the bridge was no longer accessable. The cabins had been expanded or rearragned in some manner and only those booked in these cabins had access.

Can anyone back me up on this or did I miss something?

Recently (Nov. 2012) sailed the Valor and the secret deck above the bridge was no longer accessable. The cabins had been expanded or rearragned in some manner and only those booked in these cabins had access.

Can anyone back me up on this or did I miss something?

Yes. The Valor, Glory, & Conquest have all had that done on Deck 9. But only on Deck 9. The other secret decks on those ships (decks 6, 7, & 10) are still there & accessible to everyone.

Don't want to hijack, but do you happen to have pictures of 6203?!? :D

We'll be on the Liberty and in 6203 in 3 weeks.

OP: LOVE the secret decks. A lot of people don't know about them and while there aren't loungers on them, they are a great place to enjoy arriving into port or sailing out of port.

To reach them you'll want to be on port side and go all the way forward. :)

Pictures of 6203 hope it works.

P4240077.jpg.be4916ed07d74fd6aab186a498b89877.jpg

P4240078.jpg.6e3c5e3357e21acc577bafb87cf6efb2.jpg

I was on the Sensation in October and the "secret deck" wasn't so secret. It was packed for sail away.

One thing I did notice is a large deck space a few decks down. I eventually noticed the only way to access this deck was by a door by the stage in the main show lounge. I never actually went out there. Has anybody ever been out there?

I was on the Sensation in October and the "secret deck" wasn't so secret. It was packed for sail away.

One thing I did notice is a large deck space a few decks down. I eventually noticed the only way to access this deck was by a door by the stage in the main show lounge. I never actually went out there. Has anybody ever been out there?

That would probably be the crew deck

This is the crews deck and why it is only accessible by a door by the stage - this is their only refuge from work and us. You will often see them out there when we are at ports with their cell phones getting in touch with family and friends. Sometimes they go out there at sea just to chill and chat with each other. I talked to an acquaintance who tried to go out there thinking that cruisers were allowed and he was told that they preferred to have at least one place to have some down time without cruisers around. Although they did not tell him to leave (they are much toooooo polite to do this) however, he got the message and left. There are 3 others decks we can access and I love them for sail aways or when we come into to port early in the AM - awesome photo ops

This is the crews deck and why it is only accessible by a door by the stage - this is their only refuge from work and us. You will often see them out there when we are at ports with their cell phones getting in touch with family and friends. Sometimes they go out there at sea just to chill and chat with each other. I talked to an acquaintance who tried to go out there thinking that cruisers were allowed and he was told that they preferred to have at least one place to have some down time without cruisers around. Although they did not tell him to leave (they are much toooooo polite to do this) however, he got the message and left. There are 3 others decks we can access and I love them for sail aways or when we come into to port early in the AM - awesome photo ops

It was a deck above the crew deck. I know the crew has an area on the bow of the ship, but this was one deck above. My wife and I are going on the fantasy next month so I will do some snooping :D

Do the fantasy class ships have these decks and if so what deck do you access them from

Yes. They are accessible through 2 sets of doors on either side of the stage. It looks over the bow and the crew area. We prefer this area for sailaway.

There used to be more access to this area from different locations, but over the years, "Crew Only" signs have popped up. The two staircases outside the bridge used to take you all the way down. One landing would be the two doors on both sides of the second floor of the show lounge.

Yes. They are accessible through 2 sets of doors on either side of the stage. It looks over the bow and the crew area. We prefer this area for sailaway.

There used to be more access to this area from different locations, but over the years, "Crew Only" signs have popped up. The two staircases outside the bridge used to take you all the way down. One landing would be the two doors on both sides of the second floor of the show lounge.

This is what I was referring to. So it's not crew only?

Archived