Deck Plans

roger001

Is there still a FREE cruise ship overlay deck plan site? I found one that might have been it but now has a charge associated with it. My previous computer recently died and that free site location died with it. Thanks.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/index.php

Use two browsers.

Alternatively, pay for the service: $9.99 a year or $24.99 for a lifetime.

Is there still a FREE cruise ship overlay deck plan site? I found one that might have been it but now has a charge associated with it. My previous computer recently died and that free site location died with it. Thanks.

The site you are thinking of only charges membership to view their photo archives. You can still click through to the drag deck plans without being a paid member. I just tried it for the Breakaway, and I had no problem.

The site you are thinking of only charges membership to view their photo archives. You can still click through to the drag deck plans without being a paid member. I just tried it for the Breakaway, and I had no problem.

Thanks everyone. However, I tried the cruise deck plans site again. Unless I'm overlooking it, the signup requires a fee. I don't see the free deck plan overlay available. Sea Shark..what's the link to what you just used?

Thanks everyone. However, I tried the cruise deck plans site again. Unless I'm overlooking it, the signup requires a fee. I don't see the free deck plan overlay available. Sea Shark..what's the link to what you just used?

I did the same thing. You click on the cruise line on the right, then the ship. The deck plan comes up one floor at a time. That is why I suggested you use two different browsers in order to view different floors at one time.

If you have a smart phone, there is a App for that. Look for SHIP MATE- NORWEGIAN then the ship you would like. It's a free app for verizon android phones, not sure about i-phones.

It will give you deck plans, the itinerarys, excursions, and more.

once you have downloaded the app the deck plans will remain in the phone.

I did the same thing. You click on the cruise line on the right, then the ship. The deck plan comes up one floor at a time. That is why I suggested you use two different browsers in order to view different floors at one time.

You're not doing it correctly.

--Click on the cruise line on the right

--Click on the ship

--Scroll down to the very bottom of the page, under "Other Features" you will see "Drag These Decks" . . . click on it.

You're not doing it correctly.

--Click on the cruise line on the right

--Click on the ship

--Scroll down to the very bottom of the page, under "Other Features" you will see "Drag These Decks" . . . click on it.

Thanks for letting me know. I have actually never found a reason to do the dragging thing. Just curious is this so people can see what is above them or below them? Seems like you could just look at the plans and figure that out pretty easily.

Thanks for letting me know. I have actually never found a reason to do the dragging thing. Just curious is this so people can see what is above them or below them? Seems like you could just look at the plans and figure that out pretty easily.

Yep... It is easier to see what is above or below if you can overlay the decks. I also like the view of having all of the decks side by side instead of having to select each on individually.

Thanks Steve/Gayle. That was it. Thanks Sea Shark. You were right. Dragging and overlaying deck plans is a good way to see exactly what is above you. When we do a mini on deck 11, I am now very conscious of what is above me because of noise possibly from the Garden Café, kids club, or the pool deck, or whatever. Also, we like a mini with the extended balcony overhang. You can see easily where those rooms begin and end. Being able to drag deck plans really zeros in on what is above any room. Anyhow, thanks everyone. I'll save the link....again

This is cool. Anyone seeing an escalator on the Breakaway? It really helps to keep people moving between Decks 5 and 6 on the Epic. No time wasted walking forward or aft to the elevators to just go straight up or down.:cool:

Love the elevator on the Epic. Makes you wonder why you don't see that on other ships. The only time I have seen it was in a kitchen galley (can't remember the ship).

Thanks Steve/Gayle. That was it. Thanks Sea Shark. You were right. Dragging and overlaying deck plans is a good way to see exactly what is above you. When we do a mini on deck 11, I am now very conscious of what is above me because of noise possibly from the Garden Café, kids club, or the pool deck, or whatever. Also, we like a mini with the extended balcony overhang. You can see easily where those rooms begin and end. Being able to drag deck plans really zeros in on what is above any room. Anyhow, thanks everyone. I'll save the link....again

Make sure the two decks you are overlaying are the same scale. Match up the elevators to see if they are. If not you have to hold down the shift key while you drag the mouse to make the scale larger or smaller.

I am a member of this website and always make a pdf of the particular decks we are visiting on the cabin crawl, if we are having one for our rollcall. You can print up to 5 decks (your choice of decks) on one 8 1/2 x 11 sheet.

Archived