Eggs Benedict for breakfast room service?

SpeedsterX

Going on the Dream this week,

I've heard that people can possibly "write in" things on the breakfast room service card and got them such as a BLT. Then I heard that maybe they will only fill special requests like that if it's already on the regular room service menu. I would settle for scrambled eggs or plain omelet if I can write it in but would LOVE eggs benedict every morning. Anyone do this?

Eggs, not the "stuff" their serving on the Breeze, you can find " Eggs" in the omelet line :D REAL EGGS !

oh yeah...beware the powdery greasy "eggs" on the buffet. go to the omelet station and/or MDR.

did you know...if you accidentally drop the "scrambled eggs" on a piece of clothing, you'll always have the reminder of it. :o

No hot breakfast through room service, but I am going to try writing in a hard boiled egg and see if I can get that. If not I'll just continue to get them from the buffet to keep in my cabin for late night or early morning snacks.

With the new Punchliner Brunch not starting until 9:30 I will need something to eat before then and I really try to avoid eatting food from the buffet.

I make my own tray and bring it back to the cabin.

I'm concerned about reading about the disappearing buffet trays.

This is what I did, also. Having the buffet trays disappear would be a drag but one can always order something from room service and keep that tray.

Room service bagels and lox are good but for hot food go to DR

We actually ate breakfast in an MDR for the first time on any cruise when we were on the Pride. Quite a pleasant experience and got to talk to some interesting people in the process.:)

oh yeah...beware the powdery greasy "eggs" on the buffet. go to the omelet station and/or MDR.

did you know...if you accidentally drop the "scrambled eggs" on a piece of clothing, you'll always have the reminder of it. :o

My SIL refers to their scrambled eggs as "Yellow Cottage Cheese"!

We actually ate breakfast in an MDR for the first time on any cruise when we were on the Pride. Quite a pleasant experience and got to talk to some interesting people in the process.:)

I'll have to try that. On the two cruises I've been on I've never eaten breakfast in the MDR either.

If I can get DW up in the morning prefer the DR. Better food and have met some interesting folks.

If I can get DW up in the morning prefer the DR. Better food and have met some interesting folks.

I have fought a losing battle over the years, from the days when we had assigned seating for all three meals.

And the MAIN downfall was chosing early seating for dinner, wheich meant 6:45 breakfast on port days, and 7:45 on sea days.

But then there was the boring every day menu. Eggs Benedict were a welcome choice, but were always undercooked. My last visit, I asked for the egg to be done; no jiggly stuff, and I got a hard boiled egg, with bacon and sauce, on and English Muffin.

So the Lido alternative was a welcome addition, especially since the omelet stations came about.

Now that I know that you get seated with other people in the MDR I would be more inclined to go by myself because DW sleeps in. It's funny but I will sit by myself in the buffet but don't like sitting alone in the MDR.

Hey! Speaking of colors, it's taken you an awful long time to become a BLUE RIBBON CRUISER! Let's go! 7 more posts!

Thank you Mr Pete for pointing that out. I guess I didn't realize that I was that close to a milestone. I use to post quite frequently, now I'm getting very cautious about posting. Seems that everything I say lately has been eliminated by the hosts. The friendliness and comradery that use to be on this board just doesn't exist any more. It use to be fun coming on here and helping answer questions. Now if you post something that was true on your last cruise and has changed and you didn't know it, you get chastised for deliberately giving out false information.

Archived