After 4 year hiatus... Returning to Royal with some catch-up questions

amybear912

It's been 4 years since we last cruised with Royal and I need to get up to speed on a few of the changes... I could do a search but this seems quicker.

1. We are sailing Freedom/Western on 2/17... Which nights are formal? What night for the Ice show? Is it still necessary to pre-retrieve tickets for the ice show?

2. Is it still possible to bring aboard bottled water? I thought I read a thread recently that this is now prohibited...

3. Many changes to C&A... What is "Meet the Stars"? How does Priority check in work? Departure lounge? How likely are upgrades now members are first in line?

Finally, when we last cruised Royal, Anytime Dining was relatively new with many glitches and very mixed reviews... Comments?

It's been 4 years since we last cruised with Royal and I need to get up to speed on a few of the changes... I could do a search but this seems quicker.

1. We are sailing Freedom/Western on 2/17... Which nights are formal? What night for the Ice show? Is it still necessary to pre-retrieve tickets for the ice show?

2. Is it still possible to bring aboard bottled water? I thought I read a thread recently that this is now prohibited...

3. Many changes to C&A... What is "Meet the Stars"? How does Priority check in work? Departure lounge? How likely are upgrades now members are first in line?

Finally, when we last cruised Royal, Anytime Dining was relatively new with many glitches and very mixed reviews... Comments?

I can help with some. You will probably be able to bring on bottled water. Technically, any beverage is prohibited but they rarely enforce the ban on non-alcoholic beverages. Upgrades are very unlikely.

Some other changes in the last few years: No gratuity vouchers anymore, you just have to hope they got it right. Two bottles of wine per stateroom are permitted to be brought onboard on initial embarkation. Taking these bottles to a public venue will subject you to a fee of $25 per bottle.

Almost 3 years for me. We are on the Freedom 2 weeks before you. Doing the Eastern itinerary. Looks like day 2 and Day 6 for us for formal nights. Anytime, is fine if you don't want to watch the silly waiter parades (can't see them on the top deck) Water should as always be fine, but unnecessary. You can now bring 2 bottles of wine. I imagine Meet the stars is the Shrek and assorted creatures. I am probably fine with never meeting or being near them.

jc

Archived