Palma De Mallorca suggestions?

We leave tomorrow for Europe and one of our ports of call is Palma de Mallorca. What do you recommend we do there?

Hi. RCCI will offer you shuttle bus to seafront at front of cathedral for $12pp, but if you exit the port terminal you can get the local bus for a couple of euro to city centre. Many people visit cathedral or Belliver castle, or take a combination coach/train trip to Porto Soller in north of island..that is a lovely area. Another option is a trip to the caves with a side visit to leather factory shop and pearl showrooms. All nice...in my opinion, Majorca does not offer a whole lot but we love it. We honeymooned there many years ago. Ken

Thanks. I understand it is a lovely place and I don't have a planned excursion but from the sounds of it- it is a pretty easy do it yourself place. We have excursions in all the other ports (5 other ports)- so I thought we'd appreciate one day of just doing our own thing.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Palma itself is a really lovely city and I am sure you can occupy a whole day there. In addition to visiting the cathedral, Bellver Castle, HOHO bus, Plaza Espana, walking around the old narrow streets etc it is a very good place for shopping. Shoes and leather goods being the best buys.

Alternatively, there is a nice small village a short taxi ride away from where the ship docks, called Genova. You will be able to seee it from the ship as there is a large statue of Christ there. The village is famous for its typical restaurants. One of my favourites is C'an Pedro, open for lunch and dinnner.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

is the HOHO recommended in the summer--or does it take too long and is it jammed packed, like in BCN? We are in port 1-8pm on the Epic. We just want to see the cathedral and walk around a bit, if there is a promenade by the beach. Also, is there a decent beach area (for free or low cost)?

is the HOHO recommended in the summer--or does it take too long and is it jammed packed, like in BCN? We are in port 1-8pm on the Epic. We just want to see the cathedral and walk around a bit, if there is a promenade by the beach. Also, is there a decent beach area (for free or low cost)?

The promenade stretches for a few miles and is very well developed opposite the cathedral. There is beach along the prom.

"So does the ship dock near the city, walkable from the pier? "

It's a fair distance, maybe a mile or more, walkable depending on the heat. Bus opposite port gate is cheap and takes you to Palma centre.

• 2 years later...