Breakaway Aft Facing Penthouse (S6) question

topanga49er

Balcony size was a little larger then the deck 13 shown all over. Same furniture table and four chairs, two chairs with cushions with a nice small table and two comfortable loungers. Great for relaxing, breakfast outside and taking in the sun. Really did not need more room. I am booked in a deck 12 S6 on the Getaway and am thinking of switching to the deck 11 S6 with the great layout like the deck 14s.

Forgot to mention the second bathroom is small but has a full shower. My sister had the living room with the small bathroom and larger TV and was very happy to have her own. Ask for extra padding if you will need the sofa to sleep as it is hard.

Hi - how can you tell which S6s have the bed by the balcony? Thanks

Hi - how can you tell which S6s have the bed by the balcony? Thanks

On the Breakaway,I believe deck 11 and 14 have the bed by the balcony. The other S6's have the window by the tub.

I have to go double checks bears spreadsheet . :D

Edited by 1witchydiva

According to other cc members, S6 cabins on decks 14 and 11 have the master room next to the balcony with the master bathroom behind it (no windows in bathroom). There is a door from the master bedroom in these cabins to the balcony.

Decks 9, 10, 12 and 13 S6 cabins all have the master bathroom by the balcony with the master bedroom behind it (no window in master bedroom).

Check on this thread - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1834773&page=8

post 154 onwards shows an S6 cabin with the bed by the balcony.

Edited by vondofife

According to other cc members, S6 cabins on decks 14 and 11 have the master room next to the balcony with the master bathroom behind it (no windows in bathroom). There is a door from the master bedroom in these cabins to the balcony.

Decks 9, 10, 12 and 13 S6 cabins all have the master bathroom by the balcony with the master bedroom behind it (no window in master bedroom).

Check on this thread - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1834773&page=8

post 154 onwards shows an S6 cabin with the bed by the balcony.

Thank you! I looked around last night but couldn't remember what thread I'd seen the pictures in. Glad you were able to track it down for the OP (and the rest of us who are also curious :))

Thank you! I looked around last night but couldn't remember what thread I'd seen the pictures in. Glad you were able to track it down for the OP (and the rest of us who are also curious :))

Which Breakaway cruise are you booking?

Which Breakaway cruise are you booking?

We're looking at October or November. It all depends on what's available when I'm actually able to book. I'm hoping October though because not only is it sooner (haha) but also the weather will be more 'tropical' than if we go in November.

I am heart-set on the s6 and would prefer either deck 12 for the same deck as the kid's area or deck 11 for the layout (hello balcony door in the bedroom!) Just have to cross my fingers and hope for the best :)

I'll be sure to join the roll call though when we do finally book and I'll probably put us on the cabin creep as well since it'll be one of the Haven aft's. :)

Balcony door in the bedroom was the best!!

I booked a deck 11 for next years Getaway and looking at another Breakaway in a deck 11 or 14 to Bermuda for next May/June .

Yeah, I really think this will work best for us. Besides, I don't like the pics of the cabins without even a window in the bedroom. I don't need a window in the bathroom!

Can anyone comment on whether the "king" bed in the bedroom can be split into two twins?

The bedrooms on deck 9, 10, 12, and 13 are very tight with a closet on one side of the bed so I doubt they could be. Decks 11 and 14 have a lot more room so they may be able to

I just recently went on my first NCL cruise after cruising on other lines. We did Epic Med cruise in May. We just loved the freestyle concept and decided we have to try NCL again. But this time, after all I've read about the suite life, I wanted to have the Haven experience. I've been obsessing over categories and locations, and thanks to you guys I found it. Breakaway to Bermuda next May in 10312 ::D I just so happened to get a call last night from a PCC (is that the right term?) and he was super helpful. I figured it was meant to be, since he called right when I was ready to book. When he saw we were both going to be 49 at sailing, he said he would give us the "senior" pricing since we were so close. That took even more money off for us, so although I am not ready to be considered a senior, I like the benefits already. DH was not amused :p

Anyway, I really wanted to thank everyone who's posted with their thoughts and feedback on the aft suites. Now I have an entire year to plan and get excited. I'm so looking forward to our first suite experience!!!

I just recently went on my first NCL cruise after cruising on other lines. We did Epic Med cruise in May. We just loved the freestyle concept and decided we have to try NCL again. But this time, after all I've read about the suite life, I wanted to have the Haven experience. I've been obsessing over categories and locations, and thanks to you guys I found it. Breakaway to Bermuda next May in 10312 ::D I just so happened to get a call last night from a PCC (is that the right term?) and he was super helpful. I figured it was meant to be, since he called right when I was ready to book. When he saw we were both going to be 49 at sailing, he said he would give us the "senior" pricing since we were so close. That took even more money off for us, so although I am not ready to be considered a senior, I like the benefits already. DH was not amused :p

Anyway, I really wanted to thank everyone who's posted with their thoughts and feedback on the aft suites. Now I have an entire year to plan and get excited. I'm so looking forward to our first suite experience!!!

.....I thought senior pricing was completely determined by your age at the time of sailing. I was not aware that the PCC could give you a rate even though you did not qualify for it.

:confused:

wasiii

.....I thought senior pricing was completely determined by your age at the time of sailing. I was not aware that the PCC could give you a rate even though you did not qualify for it.

wasiii

It is. My guess is the PCC overstepped his bounds and the price will be adjusted at final payment.

wasiii

I have no idea...I have no prior experience with this! Perhaps they have flexibility to help them make a sale? I know I would not have gotten this price had I booked directly online as I normally would.

I have no idea...I have no prior experience with this! Perhaps they have flexibility to help them make a sale? I know I would not have gotten this price had I booked directly online as I normally would.

Congratulations!! :)

I fought with my PCC over the size of the balconies for the S6 and he's still pretty peeved with me I'm sure, but he didn't offer us any senior discount and my DH will be 50 at the time of sailing.

And as hard as I've tried, the supervisors won't change me to another PCC. :(

Congratulations!! :)

I fought with my PCC over the size of the balconies for the S6 and he's still pretty peeved with me I'm sure, but he didn't offer us any senior discount and my DH will be 50 at the time of sailing.

And as hard as I've tried, the supervisors won't change me to another PCC. :(

Aurora, I am bring my tape measure to measure the deck on 14. It's the least I can do. Bear did the most awesome time consuming spreadsheet. :).

Aurora, I am bring my tape measure to measure the deck on 14. It's the least I can do. Bear did the most awesome time consuming spreadsheet. :).

Oh, I know. That's why I wanted to switch from deck 13 to deck 12.

When I got the pictures from Gambee, I sent the pictures of the 2 S6 to my PCC. Still haven't heard back from him. I don't care, because I'm on deck 12 baby!!! :)

Oh, I know. That's why I wanted to switch from deck 13 to deck 12.

When I got the pictures from Gambee, I sent the pictures of the 2 S6 to my PCC. Still haven't heard back from him. I don't care, because I'm on deck 12 baby!!! :)

Lol. I do remember reading what you were going thru with your PCC.

How much of a difference between the decks?? Hhhhmmmmm Everyone will have to start measuring each deck to know for sure. Lol

That balcony is so big. :) ( from pictures). :)

Lol. I do remember reading what you were going thru with your PCC.

How much of a difference between the decks?? Hhhhmmmmm Everyone will have to start measuring each deck to know for sure. Lol

That balcony is so big. :) ( from pictures). :)

When my DH saw the video of the aft suite and got to the balcony, he absolutely couldn't believe that was just for one cabin. It looks to me to have just the right amount of overhang too, so we can have both sun (him) and shade (me).

I'm going to post the pictures again just in case anyone hasn't seen the difference between the S6 balconies on deck 12 and deck 13. Yeah, this is what the fight was all about. :)

This is deck 13

Deck13_zps1cd558cc.jpg

This is deck 12

Deck12_zps3e586b97.jpg

Oh yeah Baby!!!