Carnival Dream Eastern or Western Caribbean Feb 2014

CB42

I would like to tap into all your Cruise expertise. We are planning our 2014 cruise and have decided to cruise on the Dream in Feb 2014. What we must decide is whether to do the 7 day Eastern or Western Caribbean itinerary.

Eastern - Nassau, St. Thomas USVI, St. Maarten NA - Feb 22nd

Western - Cozumel, Belize, Mahogany Bay, Costa Maya - Feb 15th

The only repeat ports we've been to are Nassau and Cozumel

Our concerns are the weather temps and ports of call and of course your suggestions and experiences. Thank you in advance

We have done both of these cruises on the Dream and enjoyed both trips. I think it just depends on what you are looking for. Most of these stops were repeats for us and that was intentional because we were bringing our children for the first time and we liked knowing what to expect. On the western which we did first, we like Cozumel and loved our first trip to Costa Maya. Costa Maya is our favorite beach that we have visited on any cruise so far. On the eastern, we most enjoyed seeing the planes at Maho Beach. If you enjoy more sea days, obviuosly you will have more on the eastern and we don't get off the ship in Nassau so we had lots of time to explore the ship. It's just about what you enjoy. As far as the weather, we did a western in January on the Valor a few years ago. Our weather was bad due to some storms, but it was warm. I will be happy to answer any questions that you have.

Roatan is our favorite port so far, so we are partial :)

We did Western last March and are taking our kids back next January. I can do without Costa Maya, but the rest are great.

Planning our 25 anniv cruise for the year afterwards and going the southern route including St Lucia and Barbados :D

Hmmmm... tough decision!!

We did this itineary on the Dream last year.... We had been to Cozumel 5 times previously, and just enjoyed a day at Paradise Beach. We went Cave Tubing in Belize and the girls enjoyed a Beach Day in Roatan while the boys went Ziplining. Costa Maya was a pool day, we could have stayed on the ship, however.

I think, though.. since you have never been to St. Thomas and St. Martin, I would pick that itinerary. Those two islands are amazing.. plenty of options for tours, excursions or you can just go to the amazing beaches.

Whatever you decide.. just do the opposite on the next cruise!

Catrin

Archived