Double Points Problem - Seeking Resolution

dagunny

We booked two back to back cruises on Explorer out of Bayonne from 24 Nov - 13 Dec while on Enchantment. The loyalty ambassador wrote down on our workup sheet 4 cruises that would get double points. We selected two and he stated we would get double points for both. When we returned RCCL only credited us with double points for the second cruise. Do we have any recourse for complaints as we have a document that states we would get double points? This would put us into Plus. We complained to RCCL customer service but they said no. Our thoughts are that he was just trying to make quota and made promises he couldn't keep. RCCL is starting to drop in our expectations and we will be going to other cruise lines. We generally spend 20-30k annually on cruises and we would think that loyal customers would matter to them. Would appreciate any thoughts here. Thx!

On your first cruise, did you receive the magnet and pins? If not, then the first cruise was probably not included in the December Celebration. There was a few cruises that had one or two days in Dec that were specifically not included in the program. It is possible that the LA saw the Dec dates and made an assumption that turned out to be wrong.

All you can do is keep calling and asking. Good Luck!

We booked two back to back cruises on Explorer out of Bayonne from 24 Nov - 13 Dec while on Enchantment. The loyalty ambassador wrote down on our workup sheet 4 cruises that would get double points...
There are a few cruises that start at the end of Nov that are in the December Diamond Celebration [or whatever it is being called in 2012], but I can't locate the list right now. However I am 99% sure that Explorer on 24 Nov was NOT on the list. If the LA told you that cruise was double points I think the LA was wrong. RCI MIGHT give you double points if your documentation is very explicit, but if the cruise was not supposed to be eligible I doubt that you will see the points or have much recourse. If you are [almost] D+ it should not come as a surprise that RCI sales agents often have incorrect info.

Thom

Archived