Questions about dolphin excursion & jewelry

renee1222

We are looking into doing a dolphin encounter and/or swim via Royal Caribbean. I thought I read somewhere that you had to remove all jewelry when in the water with the dolphins. Can someone confirm this? My wedding rings are difficult to remove and I would not want to be under to pressure to quickly remove them. I would also prefer to leave them in the safe on the ship rather than just in a beach bag.

while the rules vary from place to place (trainer to trainer?) the concern is nothing dangling or protruding. If you have a small band that won't come off (dd's wouldn't for a long time) but can remove the engagement ring - you'd be ok in most of my experiences. If they can come off - leave them in the safe. He'll know you're still married. {I only wear my band on special occasions. After seeing fingers ripped off from rings getting caught in machinery in my job I got a bad JuJu about rings}

OR I have seen success by putting a big bandage over the ring, with several over wraps of adhesive tape. Cover the ring and ensure 500% the bandage won't come off.

Animal safety is the goal.....

We are looking into doing a dolphin encounter and/or swim via Royal Caribbean. I thought I read somewhere that you had to remove all jewelry when in the water with the dolphins. Can someone confirm this? My wedding rings are difficult to remove and I would not want to be under to pressure to quickly remove them. I would also prefer to leave them in the safe on the ship rather than just in a beach bag.

They are just afraid of the wedding rings falling off. Lots of people, myself included, left the wedding ring on because it was too tight to pull off! It can't be sticking out on the palm so it might hurt the dolphin, though. This was at dolphin cove.

Archived