Excursion Help

krazeekal

When we went to Belize, we booked the Belikin Brewery/City Tour through Wet Lizard which also included lunch in the $45/person rate. Our tour guide was Cornell and he was fabulous. Very knowledgeable about his country and a lot of fun. The tour starts at the Wet Lizard and then takes you through the south side of Belize City and then up to Ladyville and the Belikin Brewery, a tour and 45 minute open bar, you are then off on a tour of the north side of Belize City. After the tour you return to the Wet Lizard for lunch. You can order off the menu and pay out-of-pocket, however the lunch provided that day was jerk chicken, beans, rice, spicy slaw and papaya and plantain. Very, very good. Highly recommend this if you are a beer lover.

Haven't been to Costa Maya so am unable to help there.

We are doing the altun ha excursion via carnival when w go to Belize next month. Ill let u know how it was. Haven't been to costa Maya.

That would be great. Was one of the ones my wife and I were looking at.:)

Any good suggestions for Belize and Costa Maya? Was looking for upcoming cruise in March and didn't see anything of interest or some of the places didn't have reviews yet.

Our Belize stop was cancelled and replaced with Costa Maya. I did not have a chance to research it but apparently there are some ruins to visit.

We got off the ship and booked an all inclusive- Senor Frog's in the local nearby village.

The beach in this village is really lovely, shallow water lots of little reefs. No need to book and pay for an all inclusive. The village is literally all bars along the beach. So take a cab $2 pp and spend a nice day at the beach . There are lots of chairs and tables and beach service from the bars.

I ran into a few people who went to Belize on a different ship and were disappointed with the port and the snorkelling. When I researched it, we ended up deciding to just walk into town and possibly take a water taxi to Caye Caulker on our own. People rave about the cave tubing- but it looked a little boring to me. Zip lining- Roatan looked better for that.

Haven't been to Belize yet, but Costa Maya was our first stop on our first cruise. I loved it. We did the Chacchoben Mayan ruins. We did this as an independent excursion, and our guide was Mayan, and was much better done than the ship excursion (probably goes without saying). People who weren't on our tour kept coming up and asking our guide questions because he was so knowledgable. I believe he said the ruins had been on his family's land before the government chose to change that.

I will also add that there is a Mexican military base just outside town, and if you leave town, you will be going through a military check point. Something to remember for those of you who have decided that you don't like seeing armed military personnel in foreign countries.

We did the Altun Ha Ruins over Xmas with Princess and was not impressed and would not book again. We did the river cruise first which was good, but when we got to the ruins, we skipped the tour and had a Biliken beer while waiting for the rest to return. It was a long and boring ride to get to the ruins. Hope this helps!

Archived