Ruby Christmas Cruise Dec 23-30 Review - would I do it again? (long)

jaynak

for a beautifully written review. You have a wonderful way with words. But most importantly...Congratulations to your child for the Princess Pop Star Win...AMAZING!!

Thank you! His brothers had a great time teasing him about being a "Princess" Pop Star ;-)

Thanks for your great review! Shame that you couldn't enjoy sailaway because of the guy on the microphone. I don't remember every hearing that. On my Ruby cruise We had Ron Goodman as well and as much as I don't care who the CD is, he was the best I've sailed with. Our deputy CD was Elaine. She was very good. I guess her contract was up and was off the ship. Like you, I noticed there was always something going on and lots of musical acts always throughout the ship.

Thanks for your great review. I'm just off the Golden and have tons of notes to write up for mine. This was our third holiday cruise and felt the passengers on this time around were much more considerate in general than on our last one (a lot of seniors that were inconsiderate -- and it was often their peers that were complaining about them). My only complaint was people gabbing during two of the shows we saw. I actually had to shush a group (and these were all adults; the other time, it was a parent talking to his little kid behind us and some young adults in front of us). Seriously, maybe the pre-show announcer should advise no talking in addition to the no videotaping or flash photography.

JAYNAK "At this point I’ll insert a little negative point I had. Sailaway from Fort Lauderdale was lovely. It was a beautiful sunny day, barely a cloud in the sky. There were quite a number of other ships in port to enjoy viewing as well. The band was playing beautifully. Everyone was enjoying a beverage and dancing around the decks. And then it all came to a crashing halt with the horrid screachingly loud microphone that would not stop. On and on it went for an hour ruining the rest of sailaway. It was deputy cruise director Ryan doing the draws for everything from a free muffin to a free bingo card. Honestly, do they really have to do that then? From that point on I couldn’t abide the sound of Ryan’s voice. I know he has his fans but I’m not one of them. Perhaps he was just doing his job but really…"

I was on the Dec 9 cruise with Ron Goodman and Ryan as Deputy CD. I sailed with both of them before and have chatted with them personally. DH and I felt they treated us like old friends even though they meet thousands of passengers on each cruise. Ryan was doing his job and no doubt had a bigger task at hand because of the diverse age group on a holiday cruise which might have lead to your displeasure and techinical difficulties with the microphone might have made it even worse. IMO I look forward to sailing with them again.

And then it all came to a crashing halt with the horrid screachingly loud microphone that would not stop. On and on it went for an hour ruining the rest of sailaway. It was deputy cruise director Ryan doing the draws for everything from a free muffin to a free bingo card.

After embarcation, you see lots and lots of people running around

with those 'bingo' cards getting them stamped, so they can enter

them in the drawing. It does have its loyal followers.

After embarcation, you see lots and lots of people running around

with those 'bingo' cards getting them stamped, so they can enter

them in the drawing. It does have its loyal followers.

Yes you're right and I remember doing it on our first Princess cruise too. It's a great way to see the ship. However this time the whole deck side production was soooo loud and and sooo long ... That's my beef.

Archived