Best Beach for Turtles and Relaxation

chosbor2

We are a group of 4 who are looking for a relaxing beach. Two of us also want to snorkel with the turtles. We don't want to do a planned excursion since only 2 of us want to go, so we are hoping to get someone at the beach to take us out. It seems that Carlisle Bay and Paynes Bay are the best for the turtles. However, which is also the best beach for relaxation for those left behind. I have read that Carlisle Bay has more activities, live music, and a bar but Paynes Bay has locals who keep asking about tours, massages, etc. Which one can we just lay down on and not be bothered?

We are a group of 4 who are looking for a relaxing beach. Two of us also want to snorkel with the turtles. We don't want to do a planned excursion since only 2 of us want to go, so we are hoping to get someone at the beach to take us out. It seems that Carlisle Bay and Paynes Bay are the best for the turtles. However, which is also the best beach for relaxation for those left behind. I have read that Carlisle Bay has more activities, live music, and a bar but Paynes Bay has locals who keep asking about tours, massages, etc. Which one can we just lay down on and not be bothered?

Hi, I was on paynes beach back in March 2012, the beach is lovely and no one bothered us. I also got some great close-up pictures of the turtles. The taxi fare from the cruise port is $us20 per taxi each way, so for 4 people it works out $10 pp return. I used the glass bottom boat to get out to the turtles which included a trip to shipwreck, cost was $us20 pp.

Terry

• 4 weeks later...

Archived