Carnival's Wave Season?

skyeman27

Wave season is the part of the year when cruise lines make most of their bookings (profits) for the year. If anything, prices will keep going up and up as the wave season gets into full swing (January through April) and inventory starts disappearing. Price drops might occur towards the end of wave season if sales goals haven't been fulfilled, but most likely, the best availability and pricing will be right now.

Wave season is the part of the year when cruise lines make most of their bookings (profits) for the year. If anything, prices will keep going up and up as the wave season gets into full swing (January through April) and inventory starts disappearing. Price drops might occur towards the end of wave season if sales goals haven't been fulfilled, but most likely, the best availability and pricing will be right now.

I booked a cruise in November for the end of March --7 day Legend solo in a balcony for right at $1300. By mid December same category was over $1700!

I've been getting calls and emails from PVPs daily since Jan 1' date=' makes you wonder! :p[/quote']

That's what they are trained to do during wave; to call pretty much every number in their database. That way, they may get someone who may have been thinking about booking their cruise online or through a TA to book through the PVP.

The business is there, but the PVP's have to be aggressive to ensure that they get to "ride the wave".

I've been getting calls and emails from PVPs daily since Jan 1' date=' makes you wonder! :p[/quote']

Me too, I look online and within minutes I get a call from my PVP at home, on my cell and at work.....drives me nuts!!!

Archived