Tuna Fish .....

sail7seas

Happy you found a sampling to try. :)

Anyone know FOR SURE if these packets are permitted in carryon bags to fly? Those packets would just about totally fill the 3 oz zip loc permitted in carryons for liquids/gels.

I'm not sure if someone might not call them 'not permitted'.

Of course, they can be packed in checked luggage.

Not sure why you would bother taking tuna in carryons? Those packets appear totally leakproof, but if there is a worry the packets could easily fit in ziploc freezer bags and be put in checked luggage. Jewelry and meds in carryons for sure, but tuna? :D

Not sure why you would bother taking tuna in carryons? Those packets appear totally leakproof, but if there is a worry the packets could easily fit in ziploc freezer bags and be put in checked luggage. Jewelry and meds in carryons for sure, but tuna? :D

I have no plans to bring packets of tuna at all let alone in my carryon.

Others in this thread said they plan to bring tuna packets and that question occured to me.

I will not be bringing groceries to the ship with me though I fully understand if others wish to.

We were in lido for lunch one day several years ago, forget the ship, when a Mom with a bunch of kids came in carrying a number of large paper grocery bags. Unloaded all kinds of 2 liter drink bottles, snack bags and I forget what else and set it up all over a couple of tables. All kinds of foodstuffs her kids must like. I guess she was afraid her kids wouldn't like anything on the buffet and of course wasn't about to pay for sodas. :rolleyes:

The more I read on here about packing duct tape, cases of soda, wine and water,pouches of tuna fish, ice buckets and just recently one cup coffee makers.

This has got to be a camping forum no????

I'd like some advice on purchasing a tent,I plan on spending around $300 so I can sleep outside of Best Buy and save $50 on a television on Black Friday:rolleyes:.

How do you do this with a straight face?

I have long since stopped much caring or particularly noticing what others on the ships are doing or not doing. As long as it is not dangerous, illegal or inconvenience/disrupt DH and my enjoyment.......

Let 'em do what they wish.

Policing what others do is not in my job description these days.

If it makes them happy, adds to their enjoyment and doesn't hurt anyone else, what is the problem? Is my opinion......

I have long since stopped much caring or particularly noticing what others on the ships are doing or not doing. As long as it is not dangerous, illegal or inconvenience/disrupt DH and my enjoyment.......

Let 'em do what they wish.

Policing what others do is not in my job description these days.

If it makes them happy, adds to their enjoyment and doesn't hurt anyone else, what is the problem? Is my opinion......

That's a good attitude. I think HAL should give away pouches of Tuna at it's trivia games. Who wants a cheesy key chain,when you can win a fresh pouch of tuna?

I know, I know...With a prize like this dangling,there's certainly the chance of teams cheating.

The more I read on here about packing duct tape, cases of soda, wine and water,pouches of tuna fish, ice buckets and just recently one cup coffee makers.

I'd like some advice on purchasing a tent,I plan on spending around $300 so I can sleep outside of Best Buy and save $50 on a television on Black Friday:rolleyes:.

It's hard to bring the formal clothes with all that camping gear:D.

It's hard to bring the formal clothes with all that camping gear:D.

LOL..... Funny. :)

Last cruise an asian couple was mixing up their Top Ramen with hot water from the Lido for lunch. As the passengers become more international, it will be interesting to see how the menus change.

Seems like a lot more international entries since we started on HAL in 2009. Not such wonderful translations (yet), but it does offer more variety and some fresher flavors than the more typical mid-western, middle of the road meat and potatoes fare.

Hal does allow it so what was the problem? I'm sure they lose a lot more from people carrying on cases of wine.

I thought drinks brought on were for cabin use only.. This was a very unusual scene in the Lido, not exactly typical HAL or typical premium cruiseline behavior in a dining venue. To each his own.

Edit: in cabin only may be for alcohol only, but I seriously doubt HAL's intent in allowing sodas brought on is to have grocery bags, 2 liter bottles set up all over several tables in the Lido at noon plus all kinds of food from home. It's not always about the money.

Last cruise an asian couple was mixing up their Top Ramen with hot water from the Lido for lunch. As the passengers become more international, it will be interesting to see how the menus change.

Seems like a lot more international entries since we started on HAL in 2009. Not such wonderful translations (yet), but it does offer more variety and some fresher flavors than the more typical mid-western, middle of the road meat and potatoes fare.

Would LOVE more variety! I hardly call Top Ramen gourmet quality food. That more what I'd call crappy garbage with no nutrient value.

1) just get the Costco Kirkland's brand tuna.. beats them all including Chicken of the Sea and Star Kist

2)rumor has it that this tuna will be served onboard from now on in keeping with HAL's Signature of Excellence .....HAL can afford it :)

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/50564/bluefin+tuna+sells+for+record+176+million+in+japan+sushi+anyone/

3) for shakin' the head .. a very good friend of mine I met onboard the Maasdam recently :) :)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/Stakeout/More%20Animations/chimp_zpsf29e1e7e.gif

..................................chimp_zpsf29e1e7e.gif

I thought drinks brought on were for cabin use only.. This was a very unusual scene in the Lido, not exactly typical HAL or typical premium cruiseline behavior in a dining venue. To each his own.

I'd like to see them enforce the soda and water. I doubt if most people follow that rule. I don't lug anything on the ship so I don't have a dog in the race.

Archived