Nassau Island Marketing

theduck57

I used Island Marketing for 2 trips on my recent cruise.

First we went to Dunns River Falls. We were picked up right outside the cruise terminal. Trevor Hudlin was the driver and he had 2 assistant guides join us just prior to reaching the falls. This was an excellent excursion (we are a family of 6 ranging in age from Grandpa 64 right down to the youngest son of 8).

The Falls was an unforgetable day and we all had a terrific time. The assistant guides met us at the top of the falls and stayed with us while we went through the marketplace which is notoriously bad for aggressive selling. We however we not harrased at all as we had our guide with us at all times.

Quite honestly Trevor and his assistants were absolutely fabulous, the nicest people concerned that we would have an excellent experiance.

Our next excursion was in Grand Caymans where we booked to go see the Sting Rays vis wave riders and Rum Point Beach.

Once again this was a very well organised excursion. We were met on time exactly where we were told to meet.

StingRay City was incredible. They swam right up to us and our guide had food for them, so we could feed them. He also very carefully picked one up and gave us each an opportunity to touch and even kiss a stingray.

The waves were very high due to strong winds so it took us much longer to get to StingRay City, so we didn't have time to make it to Rum Point beach, instead they took us to starfish bay which was really lovely. All in all another very memorable day.

I highly recommend both these tours and booking through Island Marketing. They are a legitimate company providing excellent value for money and great service.

Does anyone have any information about the Hilton ALL day pass. It looks pretty nice. Kids 5 and under are free. Was just wondering.

What kind of info are you looking for?

Hilton is a small traditional business hotel in the heart of downtown nassau.

Small pool, private beach on the harbour (no pesky vendors), lots of covered chairs, palapas, chaise, cabanas etc.

The day pass gets you $40 voucher for drinks or lunch at the Patio Grill.

Check out the details on Facebook.. lots of photos.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/HiltonNassau?fref=ts

This is NOT a resort atmosphere.. it's quiet and relaxing.. most people read or work on their tans. They have some pails and shovels for kids and 2 kayaks.

This is not a noisy party place, and kids are allowed, but expected to behave. No running, diving or horseing around near the pool.

I personally love this place, but it's not for everyone.

• 2 months later...

Its called Riu Palace Beach Resort on the Island Marketing website. And is listed at $75pp.

The name of this on Island Marketing website is it: Paradise Island All Inclusive Day Pass? Because it doesn't say what hotel it is?

And it says 50$p.p not 75$p.p:confused:

You don't need to take towels from the ship. When you check in, you'll get towel cards which you can exchange for towels at the towel hut.

There aren't a lot of activities going on. It's mostly a nice beach day. Beware that the waves can be huge! We saw a lot of people getting knocked over.

There's a buffet lunch, which was pretty decent. Drinks were good.

Enjoy!

You said there aren't a lot of activities going on, do you know what type of activities ARE going on? This sounds great to me but the guys in our group want to do some Jet Skiing or something and I can't imagine them being content to just sit on the beach all day with us girls...

You said there aren't a lot of activities going on, do you know what type of activities ARE going on? This sounds great to me but the guys in our group want to do some Jet Skiing or something and I can't imagine them being content to just sit on the beach all day with us girls...

RUI, Breezes and Sheraton have independent jet skis available for a fee.

Unregulated and uninsured.

Paradise Island Harbor Resort and Hilton do not (they are both in the harbour where jet ski's are not allowed).

RUI, Breezes and Sheraton have independent jet skis available for a fee.

Unregulated and uninsured.

Paradise Island Harbor Resort and Hilton do not (they are both in the harbour where jet ski's are not allowed).

Thanks, I know you don't recommend Jet Skiing they are insisting. I will be drinking on the beach while they are off being foolish.

Thanks, I know you don't recommend Jet Skiing they are insisting. I will be drinking on the beach while they are off being foolish.

Bring pleny of cash for the ambulance and Hospital. They want their money before anything is done.

What kind of info are you looking for?

Hilton is a small traditional business hotel in the heart of downtown nassau.

Small pool, private beach on the harbour (no pesky vendors), lots of covered chairs, palapas, chaise, cabanas etc.

The day pass gets you $40 voucher for drinks or lunch at the Patio Grill.

Check out the details on Facebook.. lots of photos.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/HiltonNassau?fref=ts

This is NOT a resort atmosphere.. it's quiet and relaxing.. most people read or work on their tans. They have some pails and shovels for kids and 2 kayaks.

This is not a noisy party place, and kids are allowed, but expected to behave. No running, diving or horseing around near the pool.

I personally love this place, but it's not for everyone.

Was just there and loved it. As you said, very quiet but that's what we wanted and close to the ship so no worries about getting back on time. Would do it again.

So if we make the deposit for the RIU & don't make it to the resort- weather, sunburn, etc then all we are out is the 20% deposit?

Also considering the Hilton as I'm sure my 20 something sons would enjoy eating a late lunch at Senior Frog's.

I would also consider walking into the Sheraton and getting a day pass but there are 4 ships in port Sunday. I think the Sheraton was the only one that you could buy without food, except for Atlantis which will probably be packed this memorial day weekend.

So if we make the deposit for the RIU & don't make it to the resort- weather, sunburn, etc then all we are out is the 20% deposit?

Also considering the Hilton as I'm sure my 20 something sons would enjoy eating a late lunch at Senior Frog's.

I would also consider walking into the Sheraton and getting a day pass but there are 4 ships in port Sunday. I think the Sheraton was the only one that you could buy without food, except for Atlantis which will probably be packed this memorial day weekend.

Yes, you'd only lose your deposit at RIU. Considering it's a holiday weekend, it would be worth risking the deposit to guarantee a spot. If you decide to go to Sheraton, take their phone number and call to see if they have passes available before you head over there.

Archived