Snuba or Helmet dive

crystalies

We did the Helment diving thing it was pretty cool, you just breath normal and get to walk on the ocean floor.. its pretty cool id do it again someday.

Did you see any fish? Somewhere someone said it was cool but there are no reefs or habitat to see fish.

I am cruising in just over a month, and my BF and I cannot decide between the snuba or helmet dive. We've snorkeled dozens of times, but neither of us have scuba dived.

Any thoughts or opinions?

When u have time go to Youtube & type Lisa's Helmet Dive in

the search field. It shows the entire experience. I'm sure someone has a Snuba video on there too. LOVED the helmet dive. You could

snorkel after the dive. It included a cocktail in the bar & we had a vey nice lunch there on the patio. :p

Do "Discover Scuba" if its available. Its awesome. No teathers or anything. Although it will give you the diving fever. You'll want to see more... and get certified.

There are other operators who offer it, and call it a "resort course", but a lot of the cruise lines offer the Discover or Beginning Scuba.

no we did not see any real fish when we were helment diving. maybe a few odd ones but nothing out of this world.. we walked around a circle and held hands it took about 15-20 mins i think. it was neat, its not something i would do every cruise but, i am glad i did it :) i just didnt like the high pressure sales they wanted you to pay for the pictures after.

Archived