Playlist shows vs old production shows

carnivalloverpa

I am a huge fan of the old style main show room Las Vegas reviews. I was disappointed to learn that the 2.0 upgrades have now replaced the band and singers for the new Playlist shows. For those of you who have seen them, how do they compare with the old style shows?

I think that they are better in fact I was on the Breeze and liked them so much I went more than once to each show. DIVAS is the best and amazing

I personally do not like the new shows at all. We were on the Breeze last month for 14 days and seen every show and was quite disappointed. They have replaced the live music with piped in music. The thing that got me the most was the animated characters on screen that would be doing a large part of the show and the live dancers would interact with them at times on certain shows.

When we got off the Breeze we spent 7 days on the Caribbean Princess and let me tell you, they had the old productions shows and they were great! Live 7 piece orchestra...no piped in music...live dancers and singers with awesome production scenes and costumes!

IMHO the new shows are nothing at all like the old productions. I definitely missed the old shows!

The Playlist Production shows are definitely a disappointment. There is no orchestra, and it's a recorded soundtrack that the dancers dance to. The dancers are not always on stage, but they do sing many of the songs. The problem comes from when you are listening to the soundtrack, and then all of the sudden, the off key singers take over on a song, and it ruins the song.

We were on a transitional cruise where one group was replacing one who's contract was over. The established group was great and we saw them for two shows. On the other hand, the new group really sucked. They were off key and sounded horrible.

The giant LED screen is cool, but beyond that I definitely miss the old stage shows.

Archived