Short review Explorer New Years Cruise

All I can say is, fantastic. It was definitely our best cruise yet.

Embarking: when we first arrived there was a slight delay because the computers crashed, so they couldn't check us in. They quickly solved this problem and continued to check us all in. We have found Bayonne to be a very easy port.

Food: SO good. I have read some reviews saying the food wasn't good, but i can honestly say i didn't have a bad meal. we ordered a lot of steak and it was all cooked perfectly. The soups and appetizers were all very good too. We ate at the dining room every night for dinner. Our waiter was very professional and helpful. A++ for the food

entertainment: all the activities were so much fun. There was always something to do. we were never bored! The dancing shows were great too. Those ice skaters and dancers are so talented. The comedians were alright. The love and Marriage game show was hilarious, as usual.

Cruise Director staff: The staff on this ship are the friendliest we have ever had. Leigh is great. Leigh and Frankie work great together and make a really funny morning show. They are both very nice guys to talk to as well. they really make the cruise a lot of fun.

Port of calls: we went to Florida, coco cay, and Nassau. we booked excursions for both florida and coco cay and we just relaxed in coco cay.

New Years Eve: They hosted a great party on the promenade. 1000 balloons fell from the ceiling at midnight and everyone had a great time.

getting off the ship was very easily and quick, but very sad. we did not want to leave.

The ONLY complaint we have, is the complainers. we couldnt believe how many people were complaining on the ship. There wasnt much to complain about. I understand people encounter problems, but some people were just plain rude to each other, and to the staff. Theres no need for it. your on vacation, you should be happy and enjoy the cruise!

Embarking: when we first arrived there was a slight delay because the computers crashed, so they couldn't check us in. They quickly solved this problem and continued to check us all in. We have found Bayonne to be a very easy port.

Food: SO good. I have read some reviews saying the food wasn't good, but i can honestly say i didn't have a bad meal. we ordered a lot of steak and it was all cooked perfectly. The soups and appetizers were all very good too. We ate at the dining room every night for dinner. Our waiter was very professional and helpful. A++ for the food

entertainment: all the activities were so much fun. There was always something to do. we were never bored! The dancing shows were great too. Those ice skaters and dancers are so talented. The comedians were alright. The love and Marriage game show was hilarious, as usual.

Cruise Director staff: The staff on this ship are the friendliest we have ever had. Leigh is great. Leigh and Frankie work great together and make a really funny morning show. They are both very nice guys to talk to as well. they really make the cruise a lot of fun.

Port of calls: we went to Florida, coco cay, and Nassau. we booked excursions for both florida and coco cay and we just relaxed in coco cay.

New Years Eve: They hosted a great party on the promenade. 1000 balloons fell from the ceiling at midnight and everyone had a great time.

getting off the ship was very easily and quick, but very sad. we did not want to leave.

The ONLY complaint we have, is the complainers. we couldnt believe how many people were complaining on the ship. There wasnt much to complain about. I understand people encounter problems, but some people were just plain rude to each other, and to the staff. Theres no need for it. your on vacation, you should be happy and enjoy the cruise!

Couldn't agree with you more!

We were on this cruise as well. Arrived at the port early approx 10:30 am and check in was easy. Yes, computers went down but it appeared to be the computer where the sea pass cards were issued. Repaired pretty quickly - short wait and we were on board.

Our captain was Henrik Loy - he was quite visable on board and very friendly. I was quite impressed at his young age of 36 he was master of this ship!

I have to say this was one of the smoothest sailing cruises we have ever had.

Dining room menu's were fantastic with the new changes, no complaints! Portofino's was above and beyond as usual.

I did feel the activities were a little weak during sea days considering the cold weather. Shows were good, especially the Temptation Review.

Still feel Port Canaveral is a wasted stop, we stayed on board however friends went to the space center and enjoyed it and another couple went to CoCo Beach beach and actually said it was packed!

CoCo Cay was fun. Rented a cabana with a fantastic view! Was supposed to be in #6 however this cabana had no number on it and #6 was occupied by someone else which was fine with us as ours had a better view. Disappointed there was no cabana "service" however the bar is only a short walk. We thoroughly enjoyed our day and it was so relaxing!

We were in a suite and did use the concierge lounge. If anyone has any questions, would be more than happy to answer.

New Years Eve cruise is a great way to relax after the holidays!

Also loved the Market Street Buffet held on the Promenade!

Couldn't agree with you more!

I also couldn't agree more....we are booked for this March 2013 and are excited to be on Explorer for the 2nd time. Can't wait.! :)

We were also on the New years Cruise. Had a great time. I agree with the comment re: the complainers, I think they must just be unhappy people. it is an older ship but it was a lot of fun. I also felt they could have offered more activities on the sea days since it was too cold to sit by the pool.

I wouldn't hesitate to cruise on the Explorer again.

Have to say, this reminds me of when my MIL moved into an assisted living facility. We asked her how she liked it and she said everyone complains about the food. Well, we'd eaten there with her and thought it was fine, but proceeded with what's wrong with the food. Well, it's good but the portions are so small. Won't they give you more if you want? Oh, yes - in fact, the bbq chicken last night was so good our table asked for more and they brought a whole plate. So, what's the problem? Well, everyone complains about the food. I had to laugh.

We were on this cruise as well. Arrived at the port early approx 10:30 am and check in was easy. Yes, computers went down but it appeared to be the computer where the sea pass cards were issued. Repaired pretty quickly - short wait and we were on board.

Our captain was Henrik Loy - he was quite visable on board and very friendly. I was quite impressed at his young age of 36 he was master of this ship!

I have to say this was one of the smoothest sailing cruises we have ever had.

Dining room menu's were fantastic with the new changes, no complaints! Portofino's was above and beyond as usual.

I did feel the activities were a little weak during sea days considering the cold weather. Shows were good, especially the Temptation Review.

Still feel Port Canaveral is a wasted stop, we stayed on board however friends went to the space center and enjoyed it and another couple went to CoCo Beach beach and actually said it was packed!

CoCo Cay was fun. Rented a cabana with a fantastic view! Was supposed to be in #6 however this cabana had no number on it and #6 was occupied by someone else which was fine with us as ours had a better view. Disappointed there was no cabana "service" however the bar is only a short walk. We thoroughly enjoyed our day and it was so relaxing!

We were in a suite and did use the concierge lounge. If anyone has any questions, would be more than happy to answer.

New Years Eve cruise is a great way to relax after the holidays!

Also loved the Market Street Buffet held on the Promenade!

were there any pinnacle C&A members on that cruise??

We were on this cruise. Had a blast. Thought the food was very good. Fantastic waiter in My Time (Antonio). Loved New Years Eve festivities. We thought Leigh and Frankie was wonderful. Leight was assigned (promoted) as the permanant CD for Explorer. He found out the last sea day and told the audience at the Captains Corner.

Totally agree about the activities on sea day. Since you couldn't be outside due to the cold temps, we would have enjoyed some more acitivites inside. This was the first cruise that we went on that we had time to see the movie in the screening room.

All in all, it was a lovely cruise!

My husband and I were really thinking of taking this cruise as we loved our Explorer cruise last March....2 things held us back through, so I'm hoping you wouldn't mind answering a few questions.

1. Leaving Bayonne in December........while technically still a "winter" cruise, the weather for our March cruise was fantastic, unseasonably warm, so much so people were still in the pools for our last full sea day. Just wondering if there really is much opportunity during the 7 nights to use things outdoors, ie. rock climbing, mini golf, pools, etc.

2. The ports - I would really like to go to the Bahamas one day, not that it's high on my list, but would still like to go there, DH feels the ports aren't as nice or have as much to do as most traditional Caribbean ports, so he's hesitant. Also, we both love the water and snorkeling and are wondering what the water temperatures are like in Dec/Jan...is it warm enough to swim?

Thanks.

Does anyone have any of the compasses they'd be willing to scan and share? Leaving on Explorer on 2/17,and would love to get a look at whats going on to try and make some plans ahead of time.

Could someone tell me what nights are formal nights? What night was the theme night? Would like to try and reserve Portofinos,and not sure when to try for.

Thanks!

:)

Glad to hear you had a great time. We are also on Ex for the 3/24 sailing and are looking forward to a great week. Since it's just me and mom, we don't care as much if the weather is a bit cool as neither of us are sunbathers. Just give me my kindle and a great place to people watch, and I'm good to go.

Archived