gluten and dairy free diet

Freebythesea

My DH and I will be sailing for the first time on NCL in March. We have sailed HAL in the past and they have been accomodating of our dietary restrictions. Does anyone have any experience with special diets on NCL that they can share with me? What worked, what didn't, how was the food.

Thanks in advanced.

I have been sailing on NCL-GF for many years. They do a wonderful job and even has GF supplies on the ships. (breads, cakes, etc)

My advice would be to eat in the MDR for the embark lunch. Ask to speak to the Maitre D right away. They will start the ball rolling by assisting with your first dinner order.

Yes, you can go to the speciality restaurants but they do need a 24 hour notice to make anything special. The same Maitre D', from the MDR, can assist with those plans as well.

Have a GREAT GF cruise! :D

-VonChap

Go here: http://www.ncl.com/about/accessible-cruising

Contact the access desk ahead of time and let them know of your needs. That way they will be sure when they make their food order for that week to ensure they have enough of the gluten free foods (like special breads, etc) onboard.

Once your onboard, like the other poster said, make sure you contact the maitre d'.

They are wonderful with GF. They will show you the menu the night before and ask what you would like for the next day - breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast - DH will usually have a "standing order" for GF bagel and GF waffles. When he goes to b'fast he calls over one of the exec staff and they radio to the kitchen and then deliver his special order to our table. Lunch - he often pre-orders either GF bun for a burger or a GF pizza - again brought to our table upon arrival. Dinner - when we swipe our card in they know that he has a special dinner order and serves it along with mine. Heaven!!

Archived