Cruising in January. Clothing Advice Needed.

Sitterfamily

We usually sail in the summer so I have it covered but this time we set sail on the Conquest next week and I'm concerned about packing. 2 adults and 2 small children. I've looked at the weather for our ports (Mo Bay, Grand Cayman & Cozumel). Will I be ok to pack shorts/tanks, etc since they say the weather is about 80 degrees?

TIA!!!!

When we did our winter cruise the first and last day were cool. The nights were even cold. In the ports and while at sea we were in shorts and bathing suits. I would pack some for each type of climate. We did have to buy a couple sweatshirts on board the ship. Have a great time. Every cruise is a great cruise!!

Melissa

We almost always cruise in January, and coming from Michigan at that time of the year we love the weather!

It is sometimes a bit cool when we're leaving port, but by the next day it's getting warmer. Occasionally in port I'm even too hot if it's really sunny and in the 80's.

We always pack shorts and t-shirts/short sleeved tops mostly, but do add in a couple pair of jeans/pants and a sweatshirt or two, along with a light jacket/sweater.

yes you will be fine with that, i would also bring a sweater or hoody since it will be cooler after the sun goes down.

I agree with this! You will be more than fine in the daytime with shorts on but after the sun goes down on the ship, it can get chilly up on deck!

Archived