Ft Lauderdale

rungreen83

We stayed at the Alhambra Beach Resort for less than $200. Although I did make the reservations many months ahead of time because they book up fast.

You want to make sure you get one of the rooms on the bottom floor because you really don't want to carry suitcases up stairs (no elevators)

Super cute place w/ a pool that is heated and maintained! Not too far of a taxi cab ride to the ship in the morning and it was far enough away to avoid the pre cruise tourist the night before. We strolled the Boulevard the night before our cruise and enjoyed the empty beach. ahhh I want to go back!

We are leaving on Liberty of the Sea Feb 2 2013 out of Ft Lauderdale. We booked last minute, having trouble finding a hotel that is not $200 or $300! Anyone have a suggestions.

Thanks

Hi,

On the cruise right before you!

We got a Super8 on hotwire for $75. Wasn't too excited until I called and was told they will pick us up from the airport AND take us to the cruiseport the next day, no extra charge. Saves us a few bucks with a taxi!

We are leaving on Liberty of the Sea Feb 2 2013 out of Ft Lauderdale. We booked last minute, having trouble finding a hotel that is not $200 or $300! Anyone have a suggestions.

Thanks

Ok-- go to priceline, name your own price on a 4* in HOLLYWOOD and put in 112$... i just did that and got the Westin Diplomat Resort!! its normally $400!!!

Or do a 3.5* star and FLL airport and youll most likely get a solid property for about 80-90!

We stayed at the Hampton Inn on 12th street. I think it was $100-$120 a night and $50 to park our car for the week. We would stay there again.

BTW, the Thai food place in the shopping center across the street is delicious!!!

We stayed at the Bahia Mar right on the beach for $120 a night. Great room, great pool, excercise room, and right by a lot of restaurants, and the water taxi. Really enjoyed hanging out for drinks and music at the Bahia Cabana a short walk from the room.

Check out the Florida Departures thread for lots of hotel suggestions.

I stay at Sleep Inn in Dania for around $120-$130 with a shuttle from the airport and to the cruise ($5pp I believe)

The Roadway Inn is about that same price and we found it acceptable.

Go to Last Minute Travel. Find the phone number for "Expert Advice and a Better price". Call and asked for their rate for the Hyatt Pier 66. It should be under $170. Nice place, great location, close to the port.

Thanks

Try the La Quinta in Hollywood. Free shuttle form the airport to the hotel and I think its $5 from the hotel to the port.

http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?propId=985

We stay there all the time. No complaints at all.

Archived