4X4 Luxury Safari in Barbados

Noitacav

Does anyone know if we do the driving and if they are automatic? I asked Oceania and they did not know. Told us they would try to find out. We have never been to Barbados and thought this might show us around.

Haven't done this ourselves but the first question is: is this a ship's tour or something you booked yourselves?

Either way, I would think that you have a driver and perhaps also a guide. Certainly, if it's a ship's tour then O should know the answer ... which makes me think this is not a ship's tour, in which case you shouldn't expect them to know the answer!

Now, we were in the Barbados a number of years ago (2004, I think) and booked a private tour for the tour of us. We did NOT do the driving! But then again, it wasn't categorized as a "safari".

Hope this has helped but I'm thinking it hasn't ...

Mura

P.S. If this is a trip you booked by yourselves, I would NOT assume that it's an automatic shift. And judging by some roads we've been on in the area, you probably wouldn't want one. Again, that was 7-8 years ago, things can change.

I guess for a proper answer we really need more info!

Hi Mura,

I should have been more clear. It is an excursion offered with Oceania. It is called "Luxury 4X4 Safari Adventure. It is 3 hours and it takes us to the more secluded areas of Barbados that transports us into the heart of the island. We board a Land Rover jeep in a convoy. Guess I will just wait for Oceania to get back to us. Many thanks.

Then there is no excuse for O not being able to answer your question.

My experience with these kinds of tours is that you are NOT the driver. Think of the insurance problems!

Whenever we've booked such a tour with O, driver (and I said before often a guide) are included.

Mura

Archived