Are You Allowed To Bring Bottled Drinking Water On Board?

Since a significant part of RCL income comes fron the sale of alcohol beverages consequently RCL does not allow passengers to bring any alcohol beverages on board for obvious reasons.

The question that comes to mind is knowing that RCL also sells bottled drinking water on board and knowing that the Voyager class ships make all of the water consumed on the ship and knowing that this water is the purest water that you can find and knowing that this water is provided to the passengers from the water taps in their cabin for free does RCL allow its passengers to bring bottled water on board?????????

Guest OBAYbee
Since a significant part of RCL income comes fron the sale of alcohol beverages consequently RCL does not allow passengers to bring any alcohol beverages on board for obvious reasons.

The question that comes to mind is knowing that RCL also sells bottled drinking water on board and knowing that the Voyager class ships make all of the water consumed on the ship and knowing that this water is the purest water that you can find and knowing that this water is provided to the passengers from the water taps in their cabin for free does RCL allow its passengers to bring bottled water on board?????????

From what I've read on these boards sometimes you can sometimes you can't. Just like wine, some have suggested putting a bow on a bottle and make it appear to be a bon voyage gift.

I however, will purchase my water onboard. No way am I going to lug water around on my vacation, in my bags with all of my good clothes.

When I was on Jewel last September I had 4 bottles of water in my backpack. I carried that on to the ship without any problems whatsoever.

For my upcoming July cruise on Serenade, I am planning on carrying 4 bottles of water onboard with me in my backpack

Is there a reason you don't want to just drink the water from the tap? I am fussy when it comes to water taste but it tasted good to me.

We brought on our Nalgene bottles and refilled like that. Much easier, required little luggage space, and Nalgene is nice because you can use them for a week without washing and they don't get funky. ;)

I just finished packing for my Mariner cruise this Sunday. I have two 1.0 liter bottles of water packed in my duffle bag that holds our snorkel gear and beach stuff. I usually go through one of those bottles a day. I am going to refill one of the bottles from the ship's tap water daily to keep in the fridge (which I think is very good actually...fresh de-salinated filtered sea water!), then the other bottle I will refill on port days in the morning to take with me on my snorkel trips to rinse the salt water off my face. Guess I could take them empty, but I have a pack mule to carry my stuff on board...also called the DH... :D

Cheers!

I didn't have any trouble bringing on bottled water when we were on the Explorer. But I am not taking it again, the bottled water isn't that expensive on the ship so I am not going to lug it on board. Beside then I can pack more shoe,s if I leave the water home!:p

I thought the water onboard was excellent, and I am a Dasani water drinker. It is definitely 1000% better than the water that comes out of my tap at home...

I wouldn't bother to bring it...

Yup!! Me too, I love that coca-cola spin off. I used to sell another brand for one of the distributors I worked for, and could have gotten all the free samples I wanted, but I chose to buy the Dasani instead. Another of my favorites is Crystal Springs, but I can't find it in the smaller bottles anymore.

Two Dasani 1.0 liters packed in my bag!! Soon to be refilled with ship's water! :D

Cheers!

I always take at least a 1/2 dozen small bottles of water with me, at least a couple of which are in my carry on for use on the plane. I then refill them with the tap water. I bring bottled water for use when we are in port because I drink alot of water (I don't drink caffeine or regular sodas, try explaining diet caffeine free to someone who doesn't speak English).

BTW, I can't stand Dasani water, neither can my BF or my SIL. To each his own.

Yup!! Me too, I love that coca-cola spin off. I used to sell another brand for one of the distributors I worked for, and could have gotten all the free samples I wanted, but I chose to buy the Dasani instead. Another of my favorites is Crystal Springs, but I can't find it in the smaller bottles anymore.

Two Dasani 1.0 liters packed in my bag!! Soon to be refilled with ship's water! :D

Cheers!

Isn't there just something special about Dasani? I don't know what it is, it's all reverse osmosis water, but I tell ya, it taste better than Zephyrhills, Publix, Evian(sp?) and most all of the others I have tried. Try target for the Crystal Springs. I think I saw it there. If not, I have a wholesale license, maybe I could find it at wholesale for you....

I've never had problems bringing water on board. I usually bring just enough to get me through the first few days. The bottles are actually a space filler for me when I pack.:p The space they take up when I board is then free to be filled up with souviner purchases and booze when I leave.:D

I am bringing about 6 bottles of water to drink and will then refill them when needed with what is offered on tap. I am also bringing along a few boxes of Crystal Light To Go Packs because I cant drink the lemonade and fruit punch any more because of my diet and I cant stand diet colas.

I would only need to bring a couple of bottles but dont want to re-use them too many times before the end of the cruise.

What is a Nalgene bottle?

Isn't there just something special about Dasani? I don't know what it is, it's all reverse osmosis water, but I tell ya, it taste better than Zephyrhills, Publix, Evian(sp?) and most all of the others I have tried. Try target for the Crystal Springs. I think I saw it there. If not, I have a wholesale license, maybe I could find it at wholesale for you....

That is so sweet! :) Thanks for the offer, but I don't have a problem finding the Dasani here, and that works for me! It was the Zephyrhills that

I used sell and could get for free..yuck...my awful tap water was better than that stuff! I will check out Target for the small bottles of Crystal Springs now too, thanks!

Cheers!

Do any of you people who buy bottle water on the ship know that you are paying more for water than you are paying for gasoline for your car. This is based upon paying $3.00 for a 16 ounce bottle of water. This price relates to the fact that when you buy a 16 ounce bottle of water for $3.00 you are paying $24.00 per gallon. In Arizona we are paying about $2.20 a gallon for gas.

To add insult to injury you could get a beter quality of water for free from the water tap in your cabin.

Do any of you people who buy bottle water on the ship know that you are paying more for water than you are paying for gasoline for your car. This is based upon paying $3.00 for a 16 ounce bottle of water. This price relates to the fact that when you buy a 16 ounce bottle of water for $3.00 you are paying $24.00 per gallon. In Arizona we are paying about $2.20 a gallon for gas.

To add insult to injury you could get a beter quality of water for free from the water tap in your cabin.

Which is cheap compared to the 4 -5 bucks a gallon for gas in any other country.

We suggest you go back and check the bulk of this thread to see that most of us refill our bottled water from the ship's tap.

Cheers!

People with us on our last cruise took 5 cases of beer and all kinds of alcohol and drinks. they just put it in a cooler with wheels taped it shut and they checked it right through with their luggage no questions asked

Guest OBAYbee

I guess I just assummed that the tap water on the ships would be anything but good in taste and safe to drink.

I drink a lot of water daily (easily 2 Litres) so for me to bring water would not solve my problem, for eventually I would still have to buy it onboard. However this time I may try the tap as has been suggested here.

Have any of you tasted Nestle spring water? (not the Nestle purified)

I LOVE that water. I have only been able to find it at Walmart and Publix however lately Publix has been out of it. You should try it, the taste is quite good.

For the past 3 cruises, I have brought an entire case of Fruit-2-0 (24 bottles). I simply divide it up among the 4 pieces of luggage so it's not too heavy. I've never had a problem. Once I get into my cabin, I empty the refrigerator of all the nonsense they put in there and it will hold 7 or 8 bottles at a time. Saves a ton of $$ and way better than those ridiculous soda cards. :D

Hey Seymour

Didn't we already have this discussion? You know a couple of years ago? :D ;)

By the way, the water on the ship is very high quality and tastes just fine, but different from the city water I drink at home.

jc

My husband does not like the taste of the water on ships so we always bring water with us and never have had a problem with RCCL or any other cruise line. We buy several gallons of water and some smaller bottles near the pier, put them into a cardboard box and send it with our luggage.

corona... i think it's because they add some menerals to it... that's what gives it a little more "taste"... i like it better as well... :)

http://community.webshots.com/user/sgtmonz

XPCDOOJK:

Yes you are right, but the responses now are significantly different.

You have not answered my previous question to you:

WILL I BE SEEING YOU ON THE NOS JUNE 18-05 CRUISE?

Alas, I have previous committments. Maybe some other oppurtunity will present itself.

jc

Archived