Carnival and Make a Wish?

thomarvin

My niece's Make-A-Wish request is a cruise and her's was granted. She's is waiting for them to give her the dates. My brother (her dad) was told that Make-A-Wish uses Royal Caribbean for their wishes. I remember 3 make a wish kids being on our RC cruise in Sept 2011. Also, on that cruise there was a walk-a-thon to raise money for Make-A-Wish.

thank you deanswife1990. I had heard that too. wasnt sure if they used Carnival at all. I have been contacted but havent had our meeting with them yet. I didnt know that they gave you selected dates. Good to know. I will be interested to know how far out the dates are. thanks

p.s. good luck to your neice.

thank you deanswife1990. I had heard that too. wasnt sure if they used Carnival at all. I have been contacted but havent had our meeting with them yet. I didnt know that they gave you selected dates. Good to know. I will be interested to know how far out the dates are. thanks

p.s. good luck to your neice.

Im gathering that your son is younger? If so why not pick Disney? What ever cruise you pick here's wishing you son well!

:D

Yes, my son chose to go on a cruise on Carnival Dream a few years ago as his wish for Make A Wish. It was a wonderful experience. Make A Wish takes care of everything for you. We were asked to give his Wish Granters a few dates that would work for our schedules, and they booked for us.

I am sending prayers for your son and your entire family. He will have a wonderful time, whatever he wishes to do.

• 4 months later...

Just wanted to post an update on my son and his wish. To the poster who suggested Disney, we didnt choose Disney because he also has autism and doesnt do well with small children. He is 14.

He had his final dose of chemo on Feb 3. He did have 2 major complications so we spent another 2 months in the hospital, but he is a fighter and is doing well. He has some heart damage from the chemo so he tires easily. We will bring a wheelchair for him in case he needs it.

We have his wish planned on the Carnival Splendor leaving on July 28th. My sister and her husband are joining us (at their own expense) so we will have a great family vacation. We are all really excited to go on this trip. When we realize what our family has been thru these past 8 months and how far he has come we feel blessed that we are able to take this trip.

Thank you for your support and prayers.

Thomarvin, so sorry to hear the complications your son has experienced, but thrilled to hear that he is doing better now. You are going to have a wonderful time, especially with extended family joining you. I hope your son continues to improve and that he has a fabulous cruise. I know my son's wish trip is something we cherish and reminisce about, even though now he's a college guy!

Still sending prayers your way!

I am looking at this thread saying, Wow this is a great thread for my neighbor who lives two streets over! Then I realize that it is written by my friend two streets over.

Her son really loves his Big Boats.

PS. Still no sign of your other son’s sweatshirt. He’s watching hockey with my son right now.

Just wanted to post an update on my son and his wish. To the poster who suggested Disney, we didnt choose Disney because he also has autism and doesnt do well with small children. He is 14.

He had his final dose of chemo on Feb 3. He did have 2 major complications so we spent another 2 months in the hospital, but he is a fighter and is doing well. He has some heart damage from the chemo so he tires easily. We will bring a wheelchair for him in case he needs it.

We have his wish planned on the Carnival Splendor leaving on July 28th. My sister and her husband are joining us (at their own expense) so we will have a great family vacation. We are all really excited to go on this trip. When we realize what our family has been thru these past 8 months and how far he has come we feel blessed that we are able to take this trip.

Praying for a fantastic cruise for y'all with perfect weather! Blue skies & smooth sailing! :D

-Kelly

I am a Wish Granter with MAW and every wish is magical...your son sounds like a trooper and you will all have a great time and make some magical memories to last a lifetime. Be sure to take LOTS of pictures! I am so excited for you all :).

My thoughts and prayers go out to you, your son, and your family. Make-A-Wish is such an amazing organization and congratulations on taking a cruise.

BTW....in December we were onboard an AirTran flight headed to Orlando and the Pilot of the plane announced that there was a boy onboard who was headed on the Disney Dream on a cruise through the Caribbean through the Make-A-Wish foundation.

I am the lucky sister going on the Carnival Splendor , a big thank you to make a wish for allowing this family to join my husband and I, while Mark was in ICU fighting for his life, our mom was in a different hospital fighting for her life three days before I was to go on the Carnival Dream , my mom gave up ,it was tuff watching the Dream pull away without us after waiting a year and being all packed , but its now our turn so this is a very needed vacation for all of us.

My son was granted a wish through Make a Wish back in 2010. We also gave a date range and they set everything up. He specifically requested Carnival and it was granted.

I can say this and I hope it is the same for your son but between Make a Wish and Carnival they definately made his trip special. He was 17 at the time and is now 20 and Cancer free since he finished treatment in fall of 2010.

Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your child.

Archived