Carnival - can kids order off the adult menu in the MDR?

snoopy5386

Looked at the Carnival dinner menu last night and I really don't want my kids eating pizza, chicken fingers and pasta every night for a week. Can kids order off the adult MDR menu? There are a few things, especially appetizers that I know they will like.

We went on Carnival with my kids when they were 2, 5, and 8. The older two ordered off the adult menu every night. (The youngest ate off our plates!) The oldest ordered whatever beef dish every night, such as prime rib. The younger one had fish nearly every night. Their cousins (3.5 and 6.5) ordered chicken nuggets the first 3 nights and whined. Their parents gave up on the MDR and took them to the buffet the rest of the week. I tried to tell the parents to let them order off the adult menu, but they said the kids wouldn't eat that fancy stuff. My kids seemed to be quite happy with it. :D

Took my kids on their second cruise 10 years later, at 12, 15, and 18. They ate everything. I got my money's worth on those teenage boys! I'd find them at the buffet snacking right before dinner, and they'd still eat a full meal.

Let your kids eat what they want and they will be happy! Enjoy!

Absolutely! In fact' date=' we have a rule that the kids menu is only for lunches and they must use the regular menu at dinner - there is always something they like. Also - adults may order off the kids menu :).

Best,

Mia[/quote']

Our request for our three kids has always been that they try, at least, one new thing each day. They don't have to eat it all (often times the portions are WAY too big), but they do need to make a decent effort. They tend to find quite a bit of appetizers, (fruit) soups and main courses off of the adult menu that they like.

Remember that if you have your child order off of the main menu and they absolutely can't eat it, you can then ask for a burger, hot dog, or whatever off of the kids menu for them. Or you can always take them through the buffet line afterward.

Part of the fun of the MDR is the food selections that we would never make at home. Our youngest loves telling people that she has eaten frog legs, snails and shark.

Archived