2013 WC Part 1.

duct tape

Wes, we know you are not shy, and will be curious to see how you and Ina respond to Nico and his family. Generally speaking, we have had a lot fewer issues with pool and table hogs on Silversea and Regent then we have had at comparable luxury hotels and resorts around the world, but they do exist. As for the tipping issue - the all inclusive cruise lines advertise no tipping is required - and, generally speaking, we have received very good service without tipping "up front" (we have, on occassion, tipped after the fact if we felt the employee deserved it). But to be truly all inclusive, especially regarding the tipping issue, the employees should be trained to follow the example of a young man who helped Susan and I load up our car at the nursery on Friday afternoon. When I offered the young man a $5 tip, he politely but firmly refused the gratuity, explaining he was just doing his job and the nursery did not allow them to accept tips. If the employees of Regent, Silversea, Seabourn etc. followed the same example, the cruises would truly be all inclusive (but, I don't ever see that happening). Jeff

Jeff, reminds me of about 10 yrs ago, a young lady at Macy's carried down a large box of dishes to the car ("runner" wasn't available, and very firmly declined a tip. Then about 4-5 yrs ago, a young man loaded a full-sized recliner from Sam's Club into car and also very firmly declined tip!

Wes, can't wait to hear how it goes with Nico et. family!

AKA AK

Having been on SS for 19 years, we have found it best to donate to the Crew Fund where all can benefit. It does not lessen the service, friendship of any of the crew and they are made aware of the donation. When on a few segments, we may purchase locally a small momentous for our suite butler and attendant,

This practice us appreciated and acknowledged by staff and crew.

Archived