dinner buffett available on Celebrity// or other non dining room options

pattymo

Am considering a Euorepean cruise on the Reflection( new promotion has me interested) versus a RCCl one on the Serenade..My only Celebrity cruise was 13 years ago on the Zenith and from what I remember there was no dinner buffett on the lido deck just a reservation only venue for a small dinner chicken or steak as an alternative for the DR...My husb and I like to skip the formal DR a couple of nites for the dinner buffett on other cruise lines due to dress code and brevity of dinning and spontaniety...

So my question other than reservation dining venues does a dinnertime buffett exist on Celebrity?/ Thanks in advance for your help

Yes, Celebrity has a buffet at dinnertime - it is just not as vast or extensive as most other mass market lines. For a couple of meals it should be sufficient though. Another casual option is Bistro on 5 which features crepes (both sweet and savory) and has a $5 surcharge (it is a sit-down restaurant with waiter service, but casual dress code). The specialty restaurants (surcharge of $30 to $40, four exist on Reflection) are smart casual on formal night (formal night now only applies to the main dining room and nowhere else on the ship). Room service also delivers the main dining room menu during dinner hours (no charge, but a small tip is appreciated); if you do not have a suite though it can be a bit cumbersome having a full meal in one's stateroom. There is also the option of an early dinner at the grill near the pool (burgers, hotdogs etc; no charge).

Yes, Celebrity has a buffet at dinnertime - it is just not as vast or extensive as most other mass market lines. For a couple of meals it should be sufficient though. Another casual option is Bistro on 5 which features crepes (both sweet and savory) and has a $5 surcharge (it is a sit-down restaurant with waiter service, but casual dress code). The specialty restaurants (surcharge of $30 to $40, four exist on Reflection) are smart casual on formal night (formal night now only applies to the main dining room and nowhere else on the ship). Room service also delivers the main dining room menu during dinner hours (no charge, but a small tip is appreciated); if you do not have a suite though it can be a bit cumbersome having a full meal in one's stateroom. There is also the option of an early dinner at the grill near the pool (burgers, hotdogs etc; no charge).

Gonzo gave you an excellent report on the dinner options. The casual dining experience you had on the Zenith years ago was eliminated fleetwide a couple of years ago. Enjoy.

Archived