Alcoves

themutis

After reading some of the recent reviews for the Reflection, it seems that there may be an issue getting lounge chairs out on deck. We don't need to be next to the pool, but would love a place that has some shade and a lounge chair. Can anyone report on that situation on Reflection.

With so many sea days on this cruise, I thought I might try to rent an alcove for one of them. When I try to book online, it says to try again when my cruise gets closer (I sail on Jan 19th). Has anyone been able to book this online before the cruise? Do they typically sell out on Sea Days?

A brief review of an actual Alcove renter would be most appreciated.

I don't know how they will go in the Caribbean but: On our Silhouette TA in December (Rome to Ft. Lauderdale). We never say any of the alcoves used at all. Every time we walked through they had ropes across the front which I took to mean that no one had booked any of them. And we did have a good number of sea days with nice warm weather during the last part of the crossing.

Hi themutis - I know that you did read my review of our recent Reflection, cruise, so you know we did have some trouble finding lounge chairs as the day wore on, in the shade. But although we were told all Alcoves were booked, we were often on Deck 15, and I never saw all alcoves occupied.

I'm not sure why that was - did people book alcoves but not use them?

Others have posted that the alcoves were fully booked. Seems to depend on the sailing. We have decided to try one on our March cruise on the Reflection, and will report back. Our idea is that we want to be out in the fresh air, but with both shade and sun, not have to scramble to find new seating when we return from the pool, or lunch or whatever, basically we want a guaranteed space, with lounge seating where we can read, play games,visit, relax -- an extended and comfortable place to hang out.

Thanks for all the responses - yes SeaCBear, I did see your reviews which did cause me some concern. On Solstice, we often spent time by the sunset bar and Lawn, and always were able to find a spot - so I'm hopeful.

Maybe they are all booked... I will email them tomorrow to see if I can find out.

Thanks again

Yes, sorry - I edited my post above. I should have looked at your name before replying! When I did look, I remembered right away that you had kindly responded to my review. I was too quick on the 'Submit Reply' button tonight!

Even if they are all booked, they may be able to put you on the waiting list.

Thanks for all the responses - yes SeaCBear, I did see your reviews which did cause me some concern. On Solstice, we often spent time by the sunset bar and Lawn, and always were able to find a spot - so I'm hopeful.

Maybe they are all booked... I will email them tomorrow to see if I can find out.

Thanks again

Never had a problem finding a lounger on Reflection. I only saw 2 Alcoves being used when we walked by at any given time. Maybe you would be better off waiting until you board and seeing you experience any difficulty finding a place to sit and see if it would be worth it to you. Keep in mind that the sun changes position in the sky during the day, so the side that starts out sunny will be shaded by the afternoon. It's not something you think about until you're actually sitting there and then realize that you're a little chilly (or hot).

There were always nice padded loungers at the front of the Ship on the Solstice deck as well. A little windy, but pretty quiet and semi-private.

Thanks FireManBobsWife!

I though maybe it was so crowded since SeaCBear was on the New Years Eve's cruise, perhaps on our Jan 19 it won't be so crowded... and like I said, I don't need to be sitting next to the pool, just want to be able to find a chair for a few hours in the morning

What you need to do is call Celebrity to book the Alcoves. When I looked at booking one for Feb. 24th sailing it said the same thing so I called and there was no problem booking that way.

I have booked for both sea days. It is my treat for our 30th Anniversary. For the first time on a cruise I will have a chair to sit on, somewhere on deck, when I want it.

Thanks FireManBobsWife!

I though maybe it was so crowded since SeaCBear was on the New Years Eve's cruise, perhaps on our Jan 19 it won't be so crowded... and like I said, I don't need to be sitting next to the pool, just want to be able to find a chair for a few hours in the morning

Have a great cruise! You will love it!!!

We booked one for the 4 of us on the first sea day of a port intensive Med cruise. Someplace we could all hang out, (impossible to get 4 loungers together on the pool deck) know it would still be there when we left for a while. None of us do the sun anymore so I think it will be wonderful. If we like it we will try and get one for the second sea day. It will be ours from 9am to 9pm so we are hoping they may do a concert or something that night. We did phone to book the Cabana.

Archived