Roatan glass bottom boat tour

MILD36

Hi, Has anyone taken the glass bottom boat in Roatan. I can't seem to find any comments on this. If you did, did you feel is was safe or old and not sea worthy. I have been to Roatan several time but never looked into this... I usually use Bodden tours... We will be on the Constellation March 30th... I have heard, since this is the busy season you must book Bodden early.

We have not taken the glass bottom boat tour, but have taken the Maya Key excursion and loved it. Maya Key is very short boat ride from the ship. This option is only available through the ship; you cannot do it on your own. You can go back and forth to the island on your own schedule though via the small boat shuttle. Once there, you can enjoy a recreation of Mayan temples and a couple small museums with artifacts and displays; a wildlife rehabilitation area with ocelots, birds, monkeys, lizards, marguays; lots of macaws hanging out; monkeys in the trees on a small land mass; a beach with sand & chairs; hiking trails - guided or on your own; a snorkeling area; and a barbecue lunch. We thoroughly enjoyed it and are disappointed that our upcoming Equinox cruise does not go there although we will be going to Belize instead which we will enjoy for the Mayan ruins.

Kathy

Hi, Has anyone taken the glass bottom boat in Roatan. I can't seem to find any comments on this. If you did, did you feel is was safe or old and not sea worthy. I have been to Roatan several time but never looked into this... I usually use Bodden tours... We will be on the Constellation March 30th... I have heard, since this is the busy season you must book Bodden early.

We did and the water was too murky for good photography. Excellent guide but that was it. Two stars out of Five!!!

Archived