Long shot--extra crib?

arom729

We are taking our first cruise as parents with our daughter who will be 20m old. My parents are also cruising with us but in a separate (unconnected but down the hall) stateroom. Has anyone ever heard of, inquired, or been able to secure and "extra" crib for a second stateroom? My parents will be babysitting, so to speak, some late nights while they all sleep. Also, they have a balcony which would come in handy during naptimes!

Thanks!

As an aside, if anyone has a quick link to a packing list or suggestions for cruising with a toddler, could you please share?

Make sure you bring any medicines you may need since they don't have any onboard. Ask your doctor about pedialyte. The label says under age 1 not for use, but mine said it was ok when he was 8 months old. Enjoy my 3 yr old is about to cruise for the 3 rd time.

Make sure you bring any medicines you may need since they don't have any onboard. Ask your doctor about pedialyte. The label says under age 1 not for use, but mine said it was ok when he was 8 months old. Enjoy my 3 yr old is about to cruise for the 3 rd time.

I may have eventually thought of this on my own, but am very glad you said it! I need to start making my list and compiling things now. DD will be 20 months so no problem with the pedialyte--and not something I would have thought of even given unlimited time to think about! So smart.

We were on Princess. My daughter was in the next cabin. I get a knock on the door and the steward says "I'm here to set up your crib". Huh? I say. He says, your daughter said you wanted a crib in your room so you could babysit. Ahhhh, ok. It was so cute. Every night he would do a turn down service for the crib too. Bring your own sheets.

We were on Princess. My daughter was in the next cabin. I get a knock on the door and the steward says "I'm here to set up your crib". Huh? I say. He says, your daughter said you wanted a crib in your room so you could babysit. Ahhhh, ok. It was so cute. Every night he would do a turn down service for the crib too. Bring your own sheets.

Oh nice! Now my mom says she doesn't want a crib taking up her floor space, lol! She thinks they have a pull-out bed maybe the steward could set up for them on the nights they'll be babysitting. Or I guess my dad is going to sleep in our room until we get back. What great grandparents!

We sailed with our son when he was 13 months. The items I would make sure to include:

Any favorite blankets they use for sleeping

Any medication you feel you may need

Diapers and extra wipes. Our son cut a tooth during the cruise and had some stomach issues

Swim diapers for any beaches you may go to

Check your cruise lines policy for swim diapers on board...most don't allow them, we brought a small inflatable for on the balcony

Bring some toys and books for in the room

Crayons and quiet activities to use at dinner time

Lightweight umbrella stroller that has a canopy and recline. We use a Britax Blink

It might be worth seeing if the cruise line can switch you to cabins directly across from one another. We sailed with adjacent (but not connecting) balcony cabins with my parents when our son was 19 month's old and were able to leave him asleep in the pack n play in our room while my parents had the baby monitor with them in the room next door.

As for things to pack:

• zip top bags of all sizes (v useful)
  • doggie poop bags (for disposing of stinky diapers)
  • power strip (sometimes a cabin will only have 1 double outlet)
  • night light (an interior cabin is TOTALLY dark at night)
  • inflatable tub for baby pool splashing and for bathing (my kid was terrified of the shower head)
  • small amount of snack foods and juice box type drinks (I really like the Juicy Juice Fruitfuls, basically juice and water). Hard to know in advance what your kid will/ will not eat. But we found the fruit/ veggie puree pouches to be perfect "fast food" snack when dinner or another meal was taking too long.
  • 2 sippy or straw cups of your choice and the sponge/ soap/ brush to clean them nightly.

It might be worth seeing if the cruise line can switch you to cabins directly across from one another. We sailed with adjacent (but not connecting) balcony cabins with my parents when our son was 19 month's old and were able to leave him asleep in the pack n play in our room while my parents had the baby monitor with them in the room next door.

As for things to pack:

• zip top bags of all sizes (v useful)
  • doggie poop bags (for disposing of stinky diapers)
  • power strip (sometimes a cabin will only have 1 double outlet)
  • night light (an interior cabin is TOTALLY dark at night)
  • inflatable tub for baby pool splashing and for bathing (my kid was terrified of the shower head)
  • small amount of snack foods and juice box type drinks (I really like the Juicy Juice Fruitfuls, basically juice and water). Hard to know in advance what your kid will/ will not eat. But we found the fruit/ veggie puree pouches to be perfect "fast food" snack when dinner or another meal was taking too long.
  • 2 sippy or straw cups of your choice and the sponge/ soap/ brush to clean them nightly.

Great list, thanks!

I think our ship is booked. I wish I had though more about room location in regards to monitors. But not sure I'd be 100% comfortable even with across the hall--connecting rooms, or even just connecting balconies--no problem.

Archived