from airport to ship in Vancouver

Old Broad

What's the best way to get to the ship and how much can we expect to pay?

The Skytrain (elevated train at the airport, subway into downtown). From the airport it's $9 ($4+$5 airport surcharge), but leaves straight from the airport, and ends up 3 blocks from the cruise terminal. If you intend to hang around Vancouver for a few days and visit some sights, you can buy a book of 10 2-zone transit tickets (which includes Skytrain) from the 7-11 inside the airport, and that's only $21.50 (no airport surcharge on them, great way of avoiding it).

If you take a taxi (which is a bit slower than Skytrain due to surface streets), it will be around $35-40 from airport to downtown.

I just returned from a Vancouver to San Diego cruise in October. I was very surprised that there were no shuttle vans from the airport to the city. So we opted to use the sky train. I had a rolling carry on and an additional computer bag on top of the roller. It was very doable for myself (64 and 84), although we did have to take it slow. If it rains, that is another factor.

I think the ship's transfer is much more than a taxi for two.

Good luck.

Renee

I just returned from a Vancouver to San Diego cruise in October. I was very surprised that there were no shuttle vans from the airport to the city. So we opted to use the sky train. I had a rolling carry on and an additional computer bag on top of the roller. It was very doable for myself (64 and 84), although we did have to take it slow. If it rains, that is another factor.

I think the ship's transfer is much more than a taxi for two.

There was a private bus service in the past but it was more money and slower than Skytrain

Archived