Any plans for Carnival to bring back Mazatlan?!?!

willow028

Thinking about booking a cruise for me and the husband's third anniversary next NYE and figured I should get on it fairly quick since I know the best cabins sell out fast. Checked CC's site, then went to an unnamed site that allows you to compare - and I see for the same date I'm looking at, and for the same price for a balcony, NCL has a cruise that includes Mazatlan.

That's my favorite port and have done land vacations there as well... making me lean that direction even though there is much I prefer about CC over NCL...

Anyone heard any rumors?! On this board there has to be at least a few floating around that might make me hold off making a decision!

In Apr-11 we booked for the Sept-11 CCL cruise when Mazatlan would come back on the schedule. But it did say "subject to review". Well 3 months before September cruise date we got the e-mail to say "Sorry, things have not improved sufficiently, no Mazatlan. Will remain Cabo2/PV1."

I did hear a rumor here that Mazatlan may come back in 2014/2015. So bank on:

1. They will list it on the schedules at least 6 months before making the change;

2. That will be reviewed (and changed) if they still are not sure it has improved.

Archived