Best Serine evening cruise and best Paris Walking Tour

karen sharpe

Sorry I would normally use the search feature.

I wonder if you might give me some advice on which Paris Walking Tour is good and which River Seine Evening Dinner cruise is the nicest.

Was the Paris Pass worth thr Investment?

We will be there the middle of April. Thank you!

Sorry I would normally use the search feature.

I wonder if you might give me some advice on which Paris Walking Tour is good and which River Seine Evening Dinner cruise is the nicest.

Was the Paris Pass worth thr Investment?

We will be there the middle of April. Thank you!

I have never done a walking tour yet in Paris...I have used the HOHO bus and then taken myself on a tour with a guide book. As far as the dinner cruises go I have not done one of those either, just the Seine cruise during the day.I think they tend to be overpriced for what you get,but I would never tell someone not do one. I would suggest that you Google dinner cruises and see if anything jumps out at you.All my times spent in Paris I have never used a pass either...I think passes are good if you plan on going to all they offer,but you can do just as well without. I don't know how long you will be in Paris,but if you use the metro I would buy a carnet of tickets as that can save you some money.I am sure someone will offer some ideas re a river cruise.Have fun!!!!

Here's a thread with lots of practical information, including a review of a Seine dinner cruise and a very good walking tour recommendation:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1683443

(I realize Search is down, but this thread is still on page 1, lol.....:D)

I was just in Paris between Christmas and New Year's and added my thoughts and recommendations near the end of the thread as well.

When we were there it was very crowded. We got the Museum Pass for 4 days and it was well worth it in terms of cutting down the amount of time we had to wait in line. The hours at some museums were crazy -- more than an hour at the Louvre and Sainte Chapelle, whereas we could bypass those folks. However, we found we still had to wait in (usually shorter) security lines in some places. Even the coat check at the Louvre took 45 minutes!! The crowds were incredible.

Just one more example -- we waited in line for THREE HOURS to get into the Catacombs. (They do not accept the museum pass, and there is no way to skip the line.) I wouldn't have done it but it was one of my son's "must see" items. Ugghhh...... Because of that, we had to cut something else out of our schedule.

Archived