Shampoo question

RMLincoln

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Is the shampoo a conditioning type shampoo? DH usually uses Pert conditioning shampoo, so will what's on board be comparable or do I need to pack separate conditioner? Thanks, m--

No it's not. I usually bring my own since the one they have tends to dry-out my hair.

I've never used the onboard shampoo but I like my shampoo that I use at home and really need a condition since my hair is longer. I bring my own shampoo and conditioner. The shower gel is fine as long as you don't have any dry or other skin conditions. I use it.

Is the shampoo a conditioning type shampoo? DH usually uses Pert conditioning shampoo, so will what's on board be comparable or do I need to pack separate conditioner? Thanks, m--

Pert is very hard for us to find, my husband uses it as well, LOL

That said, he found the ship shampoo worked just as good for the week. I bring conditioner but he never uses it.

He does use some gel and hair spray and that helps. He has baby fine hair.

Glad I asked! We'll be on the 48 day South America cruise(s) so that's a lot of shampoo, and maybe for both of us. I was palning to bring my conditioner but was planning to use their shampoo. Hmmm maybe not. I guess we'll plan to pick some up in LA the day before. Thanks for the help! m--

I dont have a problem with the shampoo, or the body wash provided in the shower stall. But the shampoo does not contain any conditioner, so that is something to bring along from home. I dont find that I need a lot of conditioner though, so for a 7 day cruise, I bring along two small tester size conditioners, and take the one from the hotel that I stay at the night before the cruise. And I usually end up bring one little bottle back home with me again.

I bring my own shampoo but find I dont need conditioner. i am not sure if they put something in the water (maybe I just have yucky water at home) but I find my hair softer on the ship.

Its soft water on the ship(something to do with the way they remove the salt and no chlorine in the water . You are probley like me we have hard water (wife says the same thing and she buys salon stuff that I have to work over time for LOL) !!!

Glad I asked! We'll be on the 48 day South America cruise(s) so that's a lot of shampoo, and maybe for both of us. I was palning to bring my conditioner but was planning to use their shampoo. Hmmm maybe not. I guess we'll plan to pick some up in LA the day before. Thanks for the help! m--

If you are staying in Long Beach there is a Walmart and CVS nearby.

They are both on the free Long Beach Passport bus route.

Some in our family are allergic to nuts. Last time I saw the Steward's bottle it was an Almond Oil shampoo.

We always bring our own stuff. DH uses anything.

I used their shampoo and my own conditioner. Worked just fine for me for a week.

It smells good too.

Ditto... I agree.

The shampoo reminds me of the Lime-Verbena scent from Bath & Body Works. It's a decent shampoo with a nice scent. I did however, bring a small tube of my own conditioner.

BTW: The soap in the bath dispenser seems to be the same lime scent. It's very nice.

:)

Archived