ITINERARY CHALLENGE 2013: Round Two

Which TWO itineraries are your favourite?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which TWO itineraries are your favourite?

• ADRIATIC TO ATLANTIC
    • AEGEAN DISCOVERY
    • CRIMEAN DISCOVERY
    • NORTH CAPE EXPLORER
    • VENEZUELAN VOYAGE

ic-two.png

7948649034_21d9846e1d_b.jpg

Dubrovnik, Croatia | © Laurent de Walick

This is Round Two of Itinerary Challenge 2013. As before, there are five itineraries to choose from, and you need to choose your two favourites. The two itineraries that get the most votes this time will go up against the winners of Round One, Pearls of the Aegean and Pride of Panama.

Round Two includes an Adriatic and Western Mediterranean special to operate this November on Thomson Dream, sailing to ports including Venice, Dubrovnik and Sardinia. Next we revisit 2010, with an Aegean itinerary encompassing ports such as Mykonos, Bodrum and Aghios Nikolaos on the island of Crete. Then it's onto an itinerary on the now laid-up The Calypso, on a Black Sea cruise including stops in Istanbul and Sevastopol. The next itinerary starts closer to home, with a North Cape itinerary from Harwich in 2009 onboard Thomson Spirit, calling at wonderful ports in Norway. Finally, we head to the Caribbean islands for a cruise from 2000 onboard the now scrapped The Topaz, docking in Caracas, Dominica and Granada to name but a few. I think this might be a difficult one to choose! Can't call this one at all. :confused:

REMEMBER, you are choosing your TWO favourite itineraries!

So, which TWO itineraries are your favourite:

ADRIATIC TO ATLANTIC

Western Mediterranean | November 2013 | 14 nights | Thomson Dream

Palma, Mallorca - Ship at Sea - Trapani, Sicily - Messina, Sicily - Ship at Sea - Venice, Italy - Koper, Slovenia - Split, Croatia - Dubrovnik, Croatia - Ship at Sea - Cagliari, Sardinia - Ship at Sea - Almeria, Spain - Cadiz, Spain - Lisbon, Portugal

AEGEAN DISCOVERY

Eastern Mediterranean | May to September 2010 | 7 nights | Thomson Celebration

Marmaris, Turkey - Aghios Nikolaos, Crete - Nauplion, Greece - Mykonos Town, Mykonos - Piraeus (for Athens) - Izmir, Turkey - Bodrum, Turkey - Marmaris, Turkey

CRIMEAN DISCOVERY

Eastern Mediterranean | May to September 2008 | 7 nights | The Calypso

Thessaloniki, Greece - Ship at Sea - Nessebar, Bulgaria - Sevastopol, Ukraine - Constanta, Romania - Istanbul, Turkey - Mirini, Limnos - Thessaloniki, Greece

NORTH CAPE EXPLORER

Scandinavia, the Baltic & UK | July 2009 | 14 nights | Thomson Spirit

Harwich, UK - Ship at Sea - Bergen, Norway - Ship at Sea - Leknes Lofoten, Norway - Honningsvag, Norway - Alta, Norway - Tromso, Norway - Ship at Sea - Alesund, Norway - Flam, Norway - Eidfjord, Norway - Stavanger, Norway - Ship at Sea - Harwich, UK

VENEZUELAN VOYAGE

Caribbean | November to April 2000 | 7 nights | The Topaz

Santa Domingo, Dominican Republic - Ship at Sea - Port Willemstad, Curacao - La Guaria, Caracas - St Georges, Granada - Roseau, Dominica - Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas - Santa Domingo, Dominican Republic

Votes will close on Sunday, 20 January. :)

I'm with you on this one Sailaway. The Adriatic to Atlantic is looking very popular! Great combo and variety of destinations.

The other one was harder but eventually went for the Aegean in preference to the Crimean for exactly the same reason as you - I'd like to see a better mix of ports for the Black Sea. I'm not a huge fan of Izmir but otherwise the Aegean one is a great itinerary (even tho Santorini isn't there! I'll be patient! :D;)) and I just love the North Cape one too - in fact I think that was the itinerary we last did to Norway and it was nothing short of brilliant.

Such difficult choices. You never fail to make it interesting and a real challenge in the sense of trying to make a decision!!! :)

Oh dear, find it very hard to choose when the itineraries are all in different parts of the world!

Definitely don't fancy cruising in November, or would have gone for Adriatic to Atlantic.

Ruled out Aegean because it sails from Marmaris.

Went for North Cape (not done that yet) and Black Sea (which we have done and loved).

kate

Adriatic first choice :D ( even though in Nov ), Aegean second but very close for me.

Its venice and Dubrovnic that put Adriatic in the lead for me, im sure on everyones favouite list. We did Adriatic Explorer two years ago on Spirit and loved it.

Would love to do an Aegean cruise though , would like to see Mykonos :)

When we were in Venice last time it was August, it was so hot :cool: for walking round so November would be better i think :cool:

Very close this one! Looks like Adriatic will win, but Aegean, Crimean and North Cape all could be second at this point. Keep voting everyone! :)

Yes - some good ones there - you've made it difficult this time Sailaway!

Although I voted for the Adriatic itinerary as my top favourite form this challenge, I probably wouldn't actually choose to do it given the date of departure (I'm voting purely on the attractiveness of the itnerary).

But given its popularity - I'd really like to see it as a 14-nighter perhaps with 3 or 4 sailings during the season from Palma rather than the one-off relocation at the end of the season as it is this year. I think that could be very tempting for a lot of people given the voting! (Along with a few other selected 14 night itineraries like the Black Sea). We can but hope! ;)

I've voted for the Aegian because, as I said before, Greek Islands are sadly lacking from my cruising CV :rolleyes::D

The Adriatic to Atlantic sounds very good. I remember seeing it when the brochure first came out, but I did wonder about the weather in November. Has any one been to that area at that time of year?

Yes - some good ones there - you've made it difficult this time Sailaway!

Although I voted for the Adriatic itinerary as my top favourite form this challenge, I probably wouldn't actually choose to do it given the date of departure (I'm voting purely on the attractiveness of the itnerary).

But given its popularity - I'd really like to see it as a 14-nighter perhaps with 3 or 4 sailings during the season from Palma rather than the one-off relocation at the end of the season as it is this year. I think that could be very tempting for a lot of people given the voting! (Along with a few other selected 14 night itineraries like the Black Sea). We can but hope! ;)

I agree they should do more 14 nighters like this during the season would be mega popular :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I voted for the Adriatic to Atlantic, fantastic itinerary. And the the North Cape. Not been to Norway since the old educational school cruises in the 60's on the good old S.S. Nevasa. The Aegean one has too much Turkey for me despite calling at Crete and Mykonos.

Berwyn

Not been to Norway since the old educational school cruises in the 60's on the good old S.S. Nevasa. The Aegean one has too much Turkey for me despite calling at Crete and Mykonos.

Berwyn

Don't you like Turkey then Berwyn? Lovely with stuffing and roast potatoes :D

Oooh I bet you looked lovely in your short trousers Berwyn :D

:D:D Eating it is fine, but don't like the place.

http://s727.beta.photobucket.com/user/Cymro1953/media/Adriatic%20Explorer%20on%20Majesty%20Sept%202012/Majesty%20Pics/IMG_0145.jpg.html?sort=3&o=18

You asked for it lol

Berwyn

PS Linda, as long as no sprouts. It was too cold in Norway in October half term for shorts Brrr!! From what I remember it was mostly dull and wet.

Stupid website won't let me edit posts. :(

Berwyn

I voted for the Adriatic to Atlantic, fantastic itinerary. And the the North Cape. Not been to Norway since the old educational school cruises in the 60's on the good old S.S. Nevasa. The Aegean one has too much Turkey for me despite calling at Crete and Mykonos.

Berwyn

DH agrees with you about Turkey. Bodrum and Kusadasi were the first time he had been to Turkey and he was not impressed by the shopkeepers. He enjoyed Ephesus though.

You should have gone to my school. S.S. Dunera went to Venice, Dubrovnik, Piraeus, and Palermo, Sicily. Horribly seasick near Piraeus so avoided cruises for nearly 50 years! :eek:

PS Linda, as long as no sprouts. It was too cold in Norway in October half term for shorts Brrr!! From what I remember it was mostly dull and wet.

Stupid website won't let me edit posts. :(

Berwyn

DH won't go back to Norway either....too cold and the drinks are too expensive. :eek: He gets his full value from the AI package. :D

Gosh! You must have gone to posh schools you two :D The most exotic one at my school was 4 days in London! And I missed it because my parents had taken me out of school (those were the days!) to go on holiday:rolleyes:

My parents sent me on the school cruise (vastly subsidised I expect) because they thought i would never again have the opportunity of travelling abroad. How times have changed. I still have my Log Book. :)

I've gone for North Cape and Atlantic to Adriatic. It would have been more difficult if Yalta and Odessa had been included in the Black Sea, as it wasn't...a fairly easy choice.:) I'm also only voting based on the itinerary not the dates.

DH agrees with you about Turkey. Bodrum and Kusadasi were the first time he had been to Turkey and he was not impressed by the shopkeepers. He enjoyed Ephesus though.

You should have gone to my school. S.S. Dunera went to Venice, Dubrovnik, Piraeus, and Palermo, Sicily. Horribly seasick near Piraeus so avoided cruises for nearly 50 years! :eek:

The 2nd one I did on Nevasa went to the Med. I know we called at Lisbon, Gibraltar, Ajaccio and Livorno. I can't remember the others

Berwyn

Archived