Just got off the Elation Yesterday

lillian marie

Overall this was a great cruise. There was 11 of us in our group-4 cabins. 9 of us dined together in anytime dining and it was great. We never had to wait for a table and our server-Bianca was fabulous!!! We had excellent service. The food was very good. CCL was great too about serving one of our group special made foods for food allergies. I did observe some cost cutting in a few dishes that were served. The seafood pasta served on the last night is always yummy, but had a lot less seafood in it than in other cruises. Of course it may have just been that the ship was low on that ingredient. I still loved it. We cruised a lot on CCL. Overall the food was great and our group was very happy to enjoy it. On the Lido deck we especially enjoyed the Thai barbeque and ate it everyday. The chocolate buffet on the last sail day is always a real treat too. We had lunch in the dining room on the sea days and it was great. Do try the creme caramel dessert in the dining room at lunch on the 1st sea day if you like custard or flans. It is yum plus. I'm ordering 2 of those next time. We are platinum and were given a free drink coupon in our cabin. All gold, plat. and diamond cruisers were given these to celebrate the new loyalty program. It was really nice to have a free long island iced tea too.

Our cabin was on deck E and Antonio was our steward. The cabin was immaculate!!!!!

The camp program for kids was wonderful--as always. The advantage to travelling in the off season is that kid numbers on board are lower and the 6-11 age group is combined. Our 8 and 9 yr olds were glad to be together and the 5 year old has taken 7 cruises and was thrilled to still be able to be in the playroom group. Our gang goes to a private school that allows travel if the family summits the request several weeks in advance and the class work is completed before travel. It is considered that travel enhances the child's education and concept of the world. Every school may not agree with this so if you plan to travel when your child's school is in session I'd talk to my family's school before I'd make plans.

Part of our group took a Carnival excursion from Progresso to Chichen itza-the Mayan ruins. They loved it and thought it was worth every penney of the tours cost. In fact one member of our group plans to go on the tour again next Jan when we'll be on the Elation because he'd like to see more of it.

Embarcation went smoothly and we were on the ship before 11. The platinum desk was great. Those folks were very helpful. Part of our group went through regular check in and one person needed assistance-an elderly family member with a walker. They all were happy with the speed of checkin. Debarcation was delayed because of fog by about a half an hour but went well too for all of us.

We booked the same cabin for next year while on the ship and we will get a $50 on board credit on that cruise by booking it while on board. And with that we also got 2 $50 on board credits for cabins for family members who are going to cruise with us on that same cruise too. I miss the old vouchers that you could buy on ship that gave you on board credits but this is nice too.

We had tons of fun!!! Now the diet begins!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back! I sailed on Elation November 8th with my sister. It was my first and I really liked this ship. It just had a great feel to it and the entire staff was great. I never did an actual review (maybe one day soon) but did post some pics of our cabin, V30, in the photo section. I found good current info on Elation hard to come by before leaving.

Archived