Singapore Hotel Recommendations for 2 days post cruise

banditoo

We will be staying in Singapore October 2013 for 2 days/2 nights post cruise. There are so many hotels to choose from and I am hoping to narrow it down with some help. We would prefer to stay in a midrange hotel in one of the areas central to sightsee China Town, Little India, Arab street. I would prefer to be within walking distance of some of the highlights though understand that the others should be easily accessible by MRT or taxi. We are not shoppers so plan to spend the 2 days sightseeing vs. shopping. Any suggestions???:confused:

We will be staying in Singapore October 2013 for 2 days/2 nights post cruise. There are so many hotels to choose from and I am hoping to narrow it down with some help. We would prefer to stay in a midrange hotel in one of the areas central to sightsee China Town, Little India, Arab street. I would prefer to be within walking distance of some of the highlights though understand that the others should be easily accessible by MRT or taxi. We are not shoppers so plan to spend the 2 days sightseeing vs. shopping. Any suggestions???:confused:

Park Hotel Clarke Quay. Splurge and get a crystal club room. About $300 US.

Park Hotel Clarke Quay. Splurge and get a crystal club room. About $300 US.

What a coincidence that you should mention the Park Hotel Clark Quay! I was just researching that one when your message popped up! Could you elaborate on what sightseeing is within walking distance of about 20-30 minutes?

Rendezvous Grand Hotel on Bras Basah Rd on the the corner of Bencoolen St is an excellent choice . Great location and great buffet breakfast. Walking distance to Orchard Rd shops, Raffles Hotel and Bugis St Market .

Close to both Dhoby Ghaut and Bras Basah MTR stations.

I have stayed in the Swissotel on Stamford Rd. Situated above the MRT. A little expensive and very hard beds.

We are booked into the Peninsula Excelsior in April for 2 nights on our return from China. Booked through Hotel Club a good rate. I have friends who have stayed there and they said it was close to transport. We intend to use the Singapore Airlines Hop on Hop off tour bus to get around and see a few things.

There are many interesting historical sites in Singapore beside shopping.

What a coincidence that you should mention the Park Hotel Clark Quay! I was just researching that one when your message popped up! Could you elaborate on what sightseeing is within walking distance of about 20-30 minutes?

We are staying there for 5 nights beginning January 30, 2013. The hotel has a complimentary shuttle van to places like Orchard Road, China town, Raffles etc. You can walk back to the hotel from most locations.

The Bayview Hotel, a small boutique hotel in

Bencoolen St is an excellent choice . Great location and great buffet breakfast. Walking distance to Orchard Rd shops, and Bugis St Market .

Close to both Dhoby Ghaut and Bras Basah MTR stations and very reasonable rates.

Hi banditoo,

Greetings from Singapore!

Singapore is quite accessible in terms of public transport to the places of interest.

For the sights seeing that you mention, you can easily take the MRT to the following stations

China town - Chinatown mrt station or outram park mrt station

Little India - Little India station

Arab Street - Bugis Mrt station

Hi banditoo,

Greetings from Singapore!

Singapore is quite accessible in terms of public transport to the places of interest.

For the sights seeing that you mention, you can easily take the MRT to the following stations

China town - Chinatown mrt station or outram park mrt station

Little India - Little India station

Arab Street - Bugis Mrt station

Thanks tommycha. As a local, do you think our choice of Park Hotel Clark Quay is a good location?

Hi banditoo,

The nearest MRT station to Park Hotel Clarke Quay is Clarke Quay MRT station.

However, you will need to walk a fair bit to reach the entrance of the station.

If u like to dine by the river, there are lots of eateries along the river mainly for tourists. Night time will be quite crowded.

A brand new option is the Parkroyal on Pickering. It just opened last week and is located between Clarke Quay and Chinatown, walking distance from both these places. They currently have an opening special with reduced rates and a free breakfast. We will be trying it out at the end of our cruise in March.

A brand new option is the Parkroyal on Pickering. It just opened last week and is located between Clarke Quay and Chinatown, walking distance from both these places. They currently have an opening special with reduced rates and a free breakfast. We will be trying it out at the end of our cruise in March.

Their website says no availability for our dates in October.

Their website says no availability for our dates in October.

That seems to have been a temporary glitch. Just checked October on their website and booking.com and rooms are showing normally. The "free breakfast special" isn't available then, however.

Thanks tommycha. As a local, do you think our choice of Park Hotel Clark Quay is a good location?

The hotel is about 5 minutes brisk walk to the nearest MRT station.

Plenty of stuff in the area and good night life at Clark Quay area which is just across the road from the hotel.

http://www.clarkequay.com.sg/malls/website/index.aspx

To get to the Clark Quay MRT, just walk through the Clark Quay area.

Alternatively, the hotel is also not that far from other MRT stations. Dhoby Ghaut is about 1km away on foot.

You could also walk to Chinatown area, about 1km southwards.

Fort Canning Park is also nearby. Fun to walk around there if you are keen. It sits on a nice hill.

Google maps is useful to get a sense of the area.

You are all so helpful! Thank you! The maps and links are great, giving me a much better sense of the hotel location and proximity to transit connections and walking distances. We do like walking as well as using local transit so this is all very helpful. :)

You are all so helpful! Thank you! The maps and links are great, giving me a much better sense of the hotel location and proximity to transit connections and walking distances. We do like walking as well as using local transit so this is all very helpful. :)

We are currently in Singapore staying at the the Park Hotel Clarke Quay in a crystal club room. This is our 4th night there and we leave Monday on a Holland America Cruise. We have not had to purchase one meal in Singapore yet and probaly won't need to. The crystal club on the 10th floor serves breakfast every day. You can get complimentary juice, coffee, soft drinks throughout the day. From 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM, they serve complimentary beer, wine and mixed drinks along with hot hors-deuveres, fruit, deserts. Two computers are available in the club room and are complimentary plus you can get two items of laundry done per day complimentary. There is a scheduled complimentary shuttle that takes all hotel guests to the Clarke Quay MRT Station as well as the other 2 Park hotel locations in Singapore. The shuttle will also pick you up based on their schedule that they will give you.

Would we stay here again? You bet we would.

I am currently staying at the fairmont. A little pricey but the view, location, and service are wonderful. Having stayed in Singapore before, i recommend quality accomodation, even though it may cost you. A few years back, i made the mistake of staying at a midrange place that was charming but very run down. Never again.

Hi General Max,

Welcome to Singapore!

Sounds like a GREAT deal!

Do try to enjoy some local food if u can though.. :)

We did have Chicken Noodle soup with 2 chicken wings and a coca cola yesterday afternoon in Chinatown for less than $10 SG. The food at all the Chinese hawker places was amazing.

Archived