Singapore Hotel Recommendations for 2 days post cruise

banditoo

Any feedback from anyone on the St. Regis Singapore?

Any comments as to distance from the St. Regis to MRT stations and other tourist sights?

Thanks!

Check out the rates for a crystal club room at the Park Hotel Clarke Quay. We stayed there for 5 nights in February, 2013 and it is worth the price.

Check out the rates for a crystal club room at the Park Hotel Clarke Quay. We stayed there for 5 nights in February, 2013 and it is worth the price.

Took your advice General Max. Booked the Crystal Club for October. Thanks!!!:)

I'm not sure that was what I asked.

I'm staying at the St. Regis. Got an outstanding rate using points.

My question is for anyone who has had experience with the St. Regis and its location.

Thanks though.

We have stayed in the Peninsula Excelsior Hotel several times and the location is great. It is our preferred hotel now for that reason. It is just across the road from the City Hall MRT station and quite close to several eating areas including Maccas if you are homesick but the food courts near it are very affordable and very tasty. Post Office is two clocks away on the same side as the hotel if you want to post anything home which we have done on several occasions. They are very friendly there. The Peninsula tower is more modern than the Excelsior tower and we prefer to stay on that side. It is right next door to a huge shopping Centre - Funan Digital Life Mall.

Go to the Heritage Centre in Chinatown. Well worth a visit as is Little India. The older botanic gardens near Changhi Museum are fabulous as well. We would like to see the new Gardens by the Bay at Marina Sands. There is a whole mall under ground at Marina Bay which is incredible but wear your walking shoes. Both the day and night zoos are worth visiting. We love Singapore.:)

I have stayed in the Swissotel on Stamford Rd. Situated above the MRT. A little expensive and very hard beds.

We are booked into the Peninsula Excelsior in April for 2 nights on our return from China. Booked through Hotel Club a good rate. I have friends who have stayed there and they said it was close to transport. We intend to use the Singapore Airlines Hop on Hop off tour bus to get around and see a few things.

There are many interesting historical sites in Singapore beside shopping.

• 1 month later...

I posted the following while staying at the Park Hotel Clarke Quay

We are currently in Singapore staying at the the Park Hotel Clarke Quay in a crystal club room. This is our 4th night there and we leave Monday on a Holland America Cruise. We have not had to purchase one meal in Singapore yet and probaly won't need to. The crystal club on the 10th floor serves breakfast every day. You can get complimentary juice, coffee, soft drinks throughout the day. From 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM, they serve complimentary beer, wine and mixed drinks along with hot hors-deuveres, fruit, deserts. Two computers are available in the club room and are complimentary plus you can get two items of laundry done per day complimentary. There is a scheduled complimentary shuttle that takes all hotel guests to the Clarke Quay MRT Station as well as the other 2 Park hotel locations in Singapore. The shuttle will also pick you up based on their schedule that they will give you.

Would we stay here again? You bet we would.

• 2 weeks later...

We loved the Intercontinental. Or try Merchant Court Clarke quay. Club rooms in Asia are simply excellent value. Alcohol is very expensive otherwise.

We were at St Regis two weeks ago. Hmmm. If I have the correct one then we really didn't like the bathroom. Just too, well, revealing. The room was tiny even for Singapore. Location was good though.

We loved the Intercontinental. Or try Merchant Court Clarke quay. Club rooms in Asia are simply excellent value. Alcohol is very expensive otherwise.

We were at St Regis two weeks ago. Hmmm. If I have the correct one then we really didn't like the bathroom. Just too, well, revealing. The room was tiny even for Singapore. Location was good though.

Really? You didn't like the St. Regis? I just got back from there last week. The room we had was huge --- long desk, huge flat screen tv, wall mounted, king sized bed, a lounger chair with ottoman, and a u-shaped couch, a large entry/hallway and 2 large closets. not to mention a HUGE bathroom with a huge tub in the middle of the room, its own private toilet, and private stand alone shower, and double vanities.

The St. Regis I stayed at is on Tanglin Road at the top of Orchard Road. And the bathroom was totally private.

Really? You didn't like the St. Regis? I just got back from there last week. The room we had was huge --- long desk, huge flat screen tv, wall mounted, king sized bed, a lounger chair with ottoman, and a u-shaped couch, a large entry/hallway and 2 large closets. not to mention a HUGE bathroom with a huge tub in the middle of the room, its own private toilet, and private stand alone shower, and double vanities.

The St. Regis I stayed at is on Tanglin Road at the top of Orchard Road. And the bathroom was totally private.

Ah. Very different. This was on Clarke Quay. And nothing as you've described. But perhaps it was just Regis? And no Saint, that's for sure! Just checked. Mine was Park Regis. Too confusing. I wonder if deliberate.

Many years ago, I stayed in Singapore frequently on my way back and forth from Indonesia where I was working.

I usually stayed at the Westin Stamford, which is pretty centrally located, and it has mid range prices I believe. Not far from Chinatown IIRC. It is in the Raffles City complex.

I think they were sold and renamed Suisotel Stamford or something like that.

Ah. Very different. This was on Clarke Quay. And nothing as you've described. But perhaps it was just Regis? And no Saint, that's for sure! Just checked. Mine was Park Regis. Too confusing. I wonder if deliberate.

Oh wow! Perhaps it is very deliberate, one trying to play on the name of the other. Wow.

Archived