In-Port Spa Services

karen11g

Thinking of staying on board our first port stop on AOS So. Caribbean cruise. Hoping for spa specials on that day. A couple of questions:

1. Any insights as to chances for there being discounts offered during the first port stop?

2. If I were to book services ahead of time, would I be able to apply any discounts that might be offered only after I am on board?

3. We'll be first-time C&A members - Are there likely to be spa discounts for that? And again, if I book ahead, will I be able to apply those discounts?

Thanks!

1. Any insights as to chances for there being discounts offered during the first port stop?

Yes, there is usually some special offered but its not *that* great. On one cruise it was pick 3 services (20mins each) for $99, on another it was 15% off any spa service.

2. If I were to book services ahead of time, would I be able to apply any discounts that might be offered only after I am on board?

I doubt it, but can't say for sure.

3. We'll be first-time C&A members - Are there likely to be spa discounts for that? And again, if I book ahead, will I be able to apply those discounts?

As in, you are gold level? There was a coupon for 10% off a spa service in our coupon book last time. I believe that could be applied to a pre-booked service. From my observation what is available in the pre-cruise planner online is very limited compared to what is available in the spa once you're on board.

Just checked your signature - if this is your first cruise you won't get a coupon booklet.

I was able to apply the C&A coupon for 10% off to whatever specials they order. I didn't find the 20 20 20 minate massage to be a good value even at$99 and my coupon. Don't forget they add 15% gratuity to that...

I found the 75 min sweedish massage to be great! Expensive but great!

there will ALWAYS be specials for in port days. they may or may not be if any use to you.

they would NOT let me combine the in port price with the 10% off coupon that comes in the C&A booklet. I saved fifty whole cents over the in port special by using the coupon.

generally speaking they will apply the best discount that is valid at the time you pay for it after the treatment is done.

there will ALWAYS be specials for in port days. they may or may not be if any use to you.

they would NOT let me combine the in port price with the 10% off coupon that comes in the C&A booklet. I saved fifty whole cents over the in port special by using the coupon.

generally speaking they will apply the best discount that is valid at the time you pay for it after the treatment is done.

Another one of our dear Royal's inconsistancies. I was able to use both twice. Not surprising.

Oh and with the spa, they are very firm on once you book, if you choose to cancell, at least for me was a firm $50 cancellation fee!

I booked last minute outside of the Windjammer. When we got back to the cabin, I wasn't feeling that great and called down to the spa. The only thing they would allow me to do was give me the port price break on another day. The person just took my name and told me to come down in what was just a few hours. No card, nothing signed.

They wouldn't budge! So I just went the next day. Of course then, when I actually walked into the spa, the cancellation policies were clearly marked.

It was poor communication.

Just and FYI

PS Don't buy into the "today only" pitch! It's every port day that they offer some special.

If you want to get a rough idea of the kinds of specials they offer, you can look at these Cruise Specials (PDF) from my Freedom of the Seas cruise last year. The spa specials are sprinkled throughout, but at least you'll be able to see some of the kinds of specials they may offer during your cruise.

Archived