Any experience with requesting a room Fan?

RMLincoln

Can anyone share their experience with requesting a room fan from Carnival? I'm getting down to the details for our 48 day cruise around South America and I'm not sure if I can get a fan on the ship or if I need to pack my travel fan, which would probably also need an extension cord, more than I'd like to have to deal with. Any help? Thanks, m--

Yes me and my husband have asked for a fan in our roon.My husband tell's them that i have ashma and i need it to help air circulation in the room to help me breath.And next thing we know we have a fan in our room.It didn't cost us a fee to have it in our room either.I hope this help's you out.Oh plus we have asked for one on practically every single cruise and we have had no problem's getting one.

Yes me and my husband have asked for a fan in our roon.My husband tell's them that i have ashma and i need it to help air circulation in the room to help me breath.And next thing we know we have a fan in our room.It didn't cost us a fee to have it in our room either.I hope this help's you out.Oh plus we have asked for one on practically every single cruise and we have had no problem's getting one.

That is a big help! So glad to hear they provided it for you. I will hope for similar on our upcoming trip. m--

How big is it? Does it do a good job?

We normally bring our Vornado but that's kind of bulky to pack so if I can just request a good one from Carnival I'd rather do that.

Just a quick question - when you say you had asthma I hope you did (not that I would wish it on anybody) because I could not get a fan because they were all gone and I DO have asthma and could have used one. I know people like them to sleep etc (white noise) but I need it for health. I fly from Northern Ontario and it is something that I can't just put in a car and bring

I brought the following fan on board with me, and did not have any problems with it. It was packed in one of the bags that we carried on, and was not confiscated. It's battery powered, and we made sure to have additional "D" batteries in the event the ones in the fan stopped working:

tWjUi_1_ehA9dWWb_4gsvvg8Y3hXvKpL13P8IfHWdT1yZMPhdVW6LEkEPVQyrTipBnLHZmHu5-yz0NkCg26KoSkJQXl-98Png8Me72nzstgG4K4cfHfY21wFL5dY0HdQTtTLimzI9h-GnYDcO7j77IpfLrQIHAHTpyrLZWjKvDawGw=s220-c

It worked wonderfully, and kept me very cool at night.

Manufacturer is O2 Cool, and you can find it at Dick's Sporting Goods, Bed Bath and Beyond, Super Target, Walmart, etc...

Can anyone share their experience with requesting a room fan from Carnival? I'm getting down to the details for our 48 day cruise around South America and I'm not sure if I can get a fan on the ship or if I need to pack my travel fan, which would probably also need an extension cord, more than I'd like to have to deal with. Any help? Thanks, m--

I would not depend on getting a fan from Carnival. When I sailed on the 49 day South American cruise in 2009, I ordered a new fan on Amazon. They shipped it to my pre-cruise hotel. Enjoy your cruise.

I brought the following fan on board with me, and did not have any problems with it. It was packed in one of the bags that we carried on, and was not confiscated. It's battery powered, and we made sure to have additional "D" batteries in the event the ones in the fan stopped working:

tWjUi_1_ehA9dWWb_4gsvvg8Y3hXvKpL13P8IfHWdT1yZMPhdVW6LEkEPVQyrTipBnLHZmHu5-yz0NkCg26KoSkJQXl-98Png8Me72nzstgG4K4cfHfY21wFL5dY0HdQTtTLimzI9h-GnYDcO7j77IpfLrQIHAHTpyrLZWjKvDawGw=s220-c

Manufacturer is O2 Cool, and you can find it at Dick's Sporting Goods, Bed Bath and Beyond, Super Target, Walmart, etc...

Bought a similar one in the camping section of Walmart. Think it's a Coleman.

Yes, This is the excat travel fan I have and I was planning to run it on the AC power with the power supply that came with the fan, thus the need for an extension cord (48 days cruise would need a lot of D-cells).

But I sure wouldn't want it to be confiscated! OY! Why would they not allow a fan when they allow curling irons:eek:.

I guess I will request one and bring mine in a carry-on and hope something works. m--

I was on the Dream this last summer. I did ask for a fan. I was told they do not provide them, so I packed a small fan that was battery operated and it was confiscated. I will try again in a couple of weeks on the Breeze.

That doesn't make sense. I would have blown a fuse if they took any battery operated gizmo. Under that thinking they'd take your flashlight too.

Archived